[0.10.22] FadeInProgress not set to true during Fast Travel [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

Ralzar

[0.10.22] FadeInProgress not set to true during Fast Travel [RESOLVED 0.10.24]

Post by Ralzar »

I just ran into a bug with my mod which took a little while to spot why was happening. Now, I've only done testing in the editor with the code for the upcoming build, so I can't say if this is still the case when the livebuild is actually compiled.

If you are inside a building, exit it, immediately go into the travelmap and fast travel, DaggerfallUI.Instance.FadeBehaviour.FadeInProgress will not be set to true.

I am assuming this is because the fade behaviour for transitioning out of the building is not finished when I activate the fast travel map. If I exit the building, wait a second and then fast travel; it works normally.

This naturally has little impact on the game normally but my mod uses FadeInProgress false/true to determine if the player is fast traveling or not. So when this is not set to true while fast traveling, the player starves to death during the journey :D
I assume all that's needed to fix it is a small check for the fast travel code to make sure FadeInProgress is set correctly.

Interkarma

Re: FadeInProgress not set to true during Fast Travel

Post by Interkarma »

I've noticed this occasionally as well, but was never able to pin down a cause. Thanks for the good spot, that information sounds like what I was missing.

Will move to bug reports so this one can be improved.