Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ebbpp

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by ebbpp »

I didn't want to offend you or anything, just realized you are the creator of this quest pack...lost count by fallowing last page...I apologize. Thank you for clearing everything. Since I've got your attention can I ask about my request? Is there any way to have the description of the quests somewhere, if not can we at least see rewards and reputations gains?

As I have said, I highly encourage to change the description when the quest for Archeologists is completed, since there is no "rise in ranks" involved and this causes bad misunderstandings like above. Also I have encountered bug with one of those quests, the girl that was supposed to be in perpetual of kynareth wasn't there, by incident I have found her in Daggerfall instead. I have the save files for this, I can send it if needed.

Like others said thank you for this quest pack, always more to do in Daggerfall, especially for quest selector.
Jay_H wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:57 pm My recommendation is to not do them. Other users have found them to be an interesting break from the ordinary Daggerfall routine, but if you do not, I will not remove them from the quest pack.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Remember that the Archaeologists and the Cartographers are different. The Archaeologists are a separate mod, and they are a legitimate guild with quests and ranks. The Cartographers Association just sends you on various sight-seeing trips and pays you for the fun of it.

I've thought of adding walkthroughs for my quests recently to the UESP DFU section, but it's a huge time investment that I haven't begun yet. Most of the time the quests generally explain themselves, and the forums/Discord are places to get help. I do want to do it, but I haven't started yet.

The placement problem has to do with the game engine, which isn't so much QP1-specific since these quests just use the game to place things where it will. If you post save games somewhere, I or someone else can help you find the person -- though the question why they're in the wrong place is something we should resolve.

CasualClark

Mage's Guild "Stop the Experiment" Quest Bugged?

Post by CasualClark »

Attempted to complete the Subject quest. I found the NPC and returned to the Mage's Guild with her, but could not turn the quest into the quest giver.

Notes: Just before I found her, I had contracted Lycanthopy in a dungeon. I was in human form when returning with the POC. I had to stop the quest with the debugger and the quest giver was ready to give me a new quest.

I've attached a screenshot of the quest debugger and the save file.
SAVE816.zip
(558.98 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Stop the Experiment Quest.jpg
Stop the Experiment Quest.jpg (685.82 KiB) Viewed 3055 times

Jay_H

Re: Mage's Guild "Stop the Experiment" Quest Bugged?

Post by Jay_H »

Since this belongs to Quest Pack 1, I'll merge it into the topic in Released Mods.

This is the first feedback I've gotten for this quest, and this may be a genuine bug. I'll take some time and see what's wrong with it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Your branch of the quest requires a Cure Disease spell. This message showed up when you found the mage:
<ce> _mage_'s face turns pale.
<ce>
<ce> "That... carried an infectious enchantment.
<ce> I've been diseased and my magicka has departed
<ce> from me. Please, I need to be cured. Help me!
<ce> Cast a spell! A temple will do me no good!"
<ce>
<ce> %g1 begins sweating and breathing heavily.
I'll add a journal note to remind about this.

Reskal

Another "quest-npc missing" topic

Post by Reskal »

Hi there,

Alpha v0.10.22

To be exact, questgiver does not react.
Using quest-pack. Took a mission from the knights order in Daggerfall, to find a missing knight. After getting him back to the knights guild, i cannot turn the quest in. There is a quest step in between, i had to find a woman first in a little village, she lead me to the dungeon where this knight was missed. I went to this woman too after getting him, shes not mentioned in the questlog. She lives in "The sreaming hedgehog Inn"(Gaerhard Residence).
Not sure if the quest-pack mod is the problem or not.
If it is, does it help to remove the quest-pack again ? If the original daggerfall quests are not like this, i would remove it, because i had this problem now a few times and this way its not a really good mod.
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(173.16 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Jay_H

Re: Another "quest-npc missing" topic

Post by Jay_H »

Since this deals with Quest Pack 1, I'll merge it into that topic.

The quest pack doesn't alter any functions in the quest engine; it's only more content using that engine. You can uninstall it, but if bugs will happen, they'll happen with or without it.

This is a turn-in bug that I haven't seen before. I altered the structure of it and it's working better now -- perhaps an incompatibility of quest victory triggers. In the next update this quest will use the better structure.

I very rarely get any feedback that anything in QP1 isn't working, and that would be helpful. I wish I could fix such errors when they arise, but I'm ignorant to them.

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

Glad you after solving those errors, i keep going on posting problems with quests then. I were not sure if ppl are slowly get bothered by my "npc missing" or "quest problem" posts;)

BTW, maybe there are more quest types using this not-so-good-structure ? In temples or so

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I can run a search for them; it's a very easy problem to solve, since the solution exists already in the quest.

I will never, ever get tired of hearing bug reports! I only get tired of hearing "I keep getting bugs" when no one ever tells me what they are :lol:

EDIT: I added the new fix to Nexusmods and credited you for finding it.

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

wow thanks ! So i have outside of the game a affiliation-level too , cool ! :mrgreen:
But helping in finding bugs in this great old game is the biggest reward for me ;)