[0.10.23] Same building selected as one used in recently tombstoned quest [RESOLVED 0.12.2]

Arioch

[0.10.23] Same building selected as one used in recently tombstoned quest [RESOLVED 0.12.2]

Post by Arioch »

Menevia - Chesterbrugh - The Rat and Bird tavern

(Mission A) As part of a mission I was tasked to find a character in Chesterbrugh. (Mission B) Upon arriving I took a mission from the tavern lass to deliver an axe to her friend locally.

Mission A spawned its character in “The Gaerston Residence” and I was able to find her and complete the mission.

Mission B spawned its character in “The Kingwing Residence” which apparently is the same place as “The Gaerston Residence” when questioning the locals and the sole character in the building itself. The person in need to give the item to isn’t there.
Last edited by Arioch on Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: [0.10.23] Mission person not appearing

Post by Ralzar »

We're going to need a savegame. Or atleast a screenshot of the map showing this house having two names.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Hi, I'm trying to attach QuestData.txt but I'm getting an invalid extension error, and the actual text is too big for one post. Do you want me to split the text over two posts?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Zip the whole save folder (e.g. SAVE6) and attach using the attachments tab when creating a post. :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just take the save folder for that specific save, zip it and load the zip-file up here. That way it's possible for other users to load the savegame into their own game.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Thanks!
Attachments
SAVE4.7z
(102.49 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for save! :)

This is an interesting one. There's special handling in place to prevent the same residence being used for two different active quests. But the gap in logic here is that it's possible to select the same building for a quest that has ended, but not yet expired from quest machine. In a small town like this with only a handful of buildings, there's a good chance of overlap when chaining a remote quest to a local quest like this.

I'll move this to bug reports and take a look at improving this building selection logic when I can.

In the meantime, I unfortunately don't have a good workaround or fix for this one. At least it's just a random quest, you can just let it expire out.

Thank you and all the best!

Arioch

Re: [0.10.23] Same building selected as one used in recently tombstoned quest

Post by Arioch »

Thanks for the info - looks like Elanna Buckingwing will have to defend herself without the Iron Axe after all...

(Arioch casually strolls from town, whistling in a nothing-to-see-here fashion, before riding quickly away from an Iron Axe shaped loot mound)

:)

Ralzar

Re: [0.10.23] Same building selected as one used in recently tombstoned quest

Post by Ralzar »

I saw something like this a while back in a stream. The player was in a really small town/tavern and took a bunch of commoner quests from the taverns. He rapidly started running into problems finding the NPCs he needed.