KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Had a bug report of a person unable to leave

Ruins of Castle Yeomsmith in Illesian Hills

Works for me, DREAM on/off doesnt matter. Anyone has the same issue or can confirm it working/not working please?

Thank you

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Works for me in 0.10.23. Sounds like a bug that was fixed in 0.10.22, and they haven't updated yet.
Fix dungeon exit and static door overlap preventing dungeon exit (Pango)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot for confirmation.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi KoW, as you might be aware I've added new armor and weapons in the R&R:Items mod release. The mod contains vanilla style graphics for these new items, and I was wondering if you would consider adding support in Dream for higher resolution versions. If you are I can point you at the vanilla files in my github. I will understand if you'd rather not though - so no pressure. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, Im all in but it will take some time, Ive decided to take a break, its very needed.
Point me there and I will see what I can do, when I feel like it :)
You doing great job with those mods, and I really want to see the new items in the game.

Withersting

Post by Withersting »

King of Worms wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am
Withersting wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm Hey King!

I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed the new version of DREAM (I did a clean install)

The character textures are very blurry... I've tried everything, can't find a fix. Any solutions?

Edit: (the problem is with character textures, paperdoll and items in the inventory window) the rest of the game's textures look fantastic.

Edit 2: Looking closer at he picture, I just noticed that the sword handles are invisible in the inventory to the right, so definitely something is wrong... I do not use "compress textures" just FYI.

https://imgur.com/qkOOk1f
There is no issue in that image mate.
The handles are supposed to look like that, they have the holes for the hands... same as in vanilla.
And the rest looks as it should as well.

Best solution is not using this part of the mod if you dont like it

EDIT: maybe try setting point filtering for the HUD but I dont think it will change anything (its in the game options)
Or try finding some clothing which looks better, or armor...
Ah, I see about the handles, my bad... In the case of the blurry textures, I was referring more to the face, since I rolled a dark elf and the face is high res, the norse looks all smudged though. I guess those aren't done yet. Thanks for the reply King and kudos on a great job so far.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Withersting wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:46 pm
King of Worms wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am
Withersting wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:11 pm Hey King!

I've been having this problem since I downloaded and installed the new version of DREAM (I did a clean install)

The character textures are very blurry... I've tried everything, can't find a fix. Any solutions?

Edit: (the problem is with character textures, paperdoll and items in the inventory window) the rest of the game's textures look fantastic.

Edit 2: Looking closer at he picture, I just noticed that the sword handles are invisible in the inventory to the right, so definitely something is wrong... I do not use "compress textures" just FYI.

https://imgur.com/qkOOk1f
There is no issue in that image mate.
The handles are supposed to look like that, they have the holes for the hands... same as in vanilla.
And the rest looks as it should as well.

Best solution is not using this part of the mod if you dont like it

EDIT: maybe try setting point filtering for the HUD but I dont think it will change anything (its in the game options)
Or try finding some clothing which looks better, or armor...
Ah, I see about the handles, my bad... In the case of the blurry textures, I was referring more to the face, since I rolled a dark elf and the face is high res, the norse looks all smudged though. I guess those aren't done yet. Thanks for the reply King and kudos on a great job so far.
Hey man, I really appreciate your feedback but its just damn confusing when you say

"the problem is with character textures, paperdoll and items in the inventory window" and than you explain that "I was referring more to the face"

What?

Its just confusing and frustrating to deal with such things. You posted it on nexus, than here, I have to think about it, and loose my time on it.

Why dont you just say its the faces... I would tell you some are upscales and some are completely new and this thing which goes on for weeks would be over in a minute.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi KoW,

After reading some thread of Reddit...
What about a dark skinned Karethys?
That's what Wayrest Dark Elves patch does, and the UESP seems to agree with it.
The same sprite is used in other contexts, but I assume it's 182_33, not 346_11? At least WDE patch makes that distinction and only changes the latter...
Attachments
Karethys.zip
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ah_Ftagn

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

Uncovered a bug on dark elf female paperdoll sprites, fresh out of character creation,.

Attachment incoming. I'll recreate the face/body combo to see if it shows up before gameplay starts. (Edit- It wouldn't be able to be compared to the body, but the head is exactly the same proportions in the selector. It's probably just a poorly sized head.

For note, I'm using 0.10.23 and DREAM is the only mod I'm using that affects the paperdoll on the body/face (without doing so purely because of clothing added).
Attachments
Bug (Paperdoll, in-game)
Bug (Paperdoll, in-game)
Bug.PNG (927.51 KiB) Viewed 1208 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for a meaningful paperdoll bug report, its quite rare. I will save the image and get at it when I fell like doing it. Im completely burned out from the paperdoll project tho. Keep em comming pls.