[MOD] Harderfall - 100% Hit Chance Formula

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jefetienne

[MOD] Harderfall - 100% Hit Chance Formula

Post by jefetienne »

Harderfall [Updated 0.11.0 2/1/2021]
I can't enjoy this game because it's all RNG and requires no skill
~ an elitist Dota 2 and Dark Souls player who happens to be my best friend

Nexus page

Are you tired of appreciating the charm of old school video game RPG mechanics that were founded upon by tabletop games such as DnD? Do you have contempt for others who like to casually play games just for fun and pleasure instead of yelling and getting frustrated in their free time? How sad!

This barebones mod guarantees players and enemies a 100% hit chance, and all of the consequences along with that. This means that every hit is a blow, so enemies can die quicker, but so can you. Other things to note:
  • Weapon skills and the dodging skill are useless now, except for ranking up in a guild
  • Unenchanted armor is now cosmetic vendor trash
  • Does not apply to ineffective weapon materials against certain enemies
  • Saving throws are still at play, so spells and effects can still be blocked based on passives
  • It doesn't actually make the game that difficult, but harder nonetheless
If you feel like RNG is too "immersion breaking," or you'd like to have a new challenge and make a new character build geared towards this new mod, then try it out!

-------------
Possible features I might investigate and look into adding in the future, if I feel like it:
  • Expand enemy detection range when attempting to rest
  • Literally include a harder fall damage
Last edited by jefetienne on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Harderfall - 100% Hit Chance Formula

Post by Ralzar »

This is rediculous and I love it :D

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Ralzar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 am This is rediculous and I love it :D
Thank you :lol: I wrote this mod mostly tongue-in-cheek for my friends and decided to share it with the internet too. As I was developing it, it definitely does make combat a bit interesting.

As said in the post, I may expand on this mod more in the future, probably less on combat features (Bl3ssed's combat overhaul mod takes the crown for that) and more on other things such as resting and possibly even save mechanics.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

For resting, I am actually waiting on access to deny and interrupt rest to implement some kind of bonfire mechanic in my mod (possibly by itself) where you can't just sleep on the ground in dungeons. You have to find a campsite or make one yourself.

Next step after that: only be able to save in dungeons by resting at campsites.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

jefetienne wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 am Thank you :lol: I wrote this mod mostly tongue-in-cheek for my friends and decided to share it with the internet too. As I was developing it, it definitely does make combat a bit interesting.
I don't see the joke. This is going to be in high demand ;)

It isn't compatible with Magicono's damage reduction mod, is it? It'd be a nice idea to keep armor relevant.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Jay_H wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am It isn't compatible with Magicono's damage reduction mod, is it? It'd be a nice idea to keep armor relevant.
That's another good point - unenchanted armor is now cosmetic vendor trash, too. I'm not sure if it conflicts as in cause an error, but this mod just overrides the mechanics for the CalculateAttackDamage and CalculateSuccessfulHit methods, where the former just removes chance-to-hit and the latter always returns true. Looking at his source code, it looks like this mod would reduce a significant amount of its functionality, but there are other balancing such as weapon damage, critical strike, damage reduction, etc. that might still work.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

If you want to go fancy with this mod: Change all tohit bonus/penalties numbers (armor, dodge, critical hit) to damage bonus/penalties. So high Dodge makes you take less damage.

That said, Magiconos mod does much of this allready.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Ralzar wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:05 pm If you want to go fancy with this mod: Change all tohit bonus/penalties numbers (armor, dodge, critical hit) to damage bonus/penalties. So high Dodge makes you take less damage.

That said, Magiconos mod does much of this allready.
Yeah, I'd rather give attention to more serious mod projects. That being said, I think it would be pretty cool for that mod to have a setting to completely eliminate hit chance also, and possibly add tweak a few things as a result of enabling it.

I think this mod fills the niche for people who want to try something experimental/unbalanced or just don't like having large overhauls. I might even add the resting/saving features I'm thinking of as an independent mod altogether that can be shared with other combat mods.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

I think it stopped working at 0.10.25.

Ah_Ftagn

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

You know, this DOES have a bit of an interesting idea come to mind as a result.

A more serious version of this mod could cause armor to give a flat amount of physical damage reduction (With enchanted armors with elemental resists AND the elemental resist spells doing the same for that type of magic damage, instead of the default magic resist effect for direct damage), and have the dodge skill negate a percentage of damage dealt up to a certain percent of base damage (armor of course would reduce damage by a set number) and willpower do the same for magic damage. Finally, direct damage effects in magic would autohit in this scheme, while nondamaging effects would act the same way they already do.

Basically, the Oblivion/Skyrim method for magic and physical attacks.