Mummy Finger locks Dialogue

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Annolis

Mummy Finger locks Dialogue

Post by Annolis »

Once I ask anyone in the game about the Mummy Finger, my dialogue box locks up in such a way that I cannot do general conversations with people - such as, if I want to ask where the "Insert Name of Merchant Shop Here", I first would have to choose "General Merchandise" or "Armorer" and such. But after asking about the Mummy Finger, the interface does not allow me to double-click on any of the categories.

When I do ask about the Mummy Finger from someone outside, I can ask them successfully once - they'll tell me to see someone in a Temple or some other response. If I try to ask someone inside the Temple first, I select "Finger" in the dialogue box, but I'm not allowed to press "Okay" or hit enter to make the conversation progress forward.

Oddly enough, I can still ask if there's any "Work" around.

Jay_H

Re: Mummy Finger locks Dialogue

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums. Can you upload a save game with this happening, in a zip file? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2360&p=27552#p27552

Annolis

Re: Mummy Finger locks Dialogue

Post by Annolis »

I loaded up each game to see which ones did it...and the problem has miraculously resolved itself. Looks like going to bed and coming back in the morning solved it. Maybe the curse in the game applies to real life at night! 0.0