Mountain Rumors (R&R FG Master quest)

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
theJF

Re: Mountain Rumors (R&R FG Master quest)

Post by theJF »

It's nice to know there are still things in that quest waiting to be discovered!
I see that there are game balance reasons for not letting low level characters access the custom armour service. Is it possible that you get a message, something like "I'm still waiting for all the special equipment I need to arrive. Come back later." Then the player won't be as confused as I was.
Thanks (also to Ralzar) for making it, one day I will trawl through the github and try and see how you did it!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That's a good suggestion actually. Let me know what you think when you look at the quest scripts. :) It was a lot of work. https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods/tr ... ism/Quests
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nomadic Wolf

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

I have reached the master rank, now how do I get this quest? I had tried getting quests from the quest giver from fighter's guild but I hadn't got this quest yet

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Nomadic Wolf wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am I have reached the master rank, now how do I get this quest? I had tried getting quests from the quest giver from fighter's guild but I hadn't got this quest yet
It's just one of the random quests. So it's in the list now, but you have to be lucky.

Or, you could go click the Advanced button on the DFU startup screen and set the guild quest picker til list. So you can choose which quest to do when talking to a guild questgiver.

Nomadic Wolf

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

Or, you could go click the Advanced button on the DFU startup screen and set the guild quest picker til list. So you can choose which quest to do when talking to a guild questgiver.
Thanks! I have completed the quest.

LeaderDman

Post by LeaderDman »

I was quite surprised and delighted that you added the option to just brute force the quest by wiping out enough of the warriors. I had killed quite a lot of them and nothing happened so I just gave up on that being an option. I kept killing them to train my long sword and was quite surprised when a pop up appeared with the lord calling me some sort of daedra :lol:

What is the actual amount that you had to kill? I feel like I killed around a hundred, though that was over the course of me entering the fort several times.
daggerfall quest.jpg
daggerfall quest.jpg (506.56 KiB) Viewed 3538 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

LeaderDman wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:35 am I was quite surprised and delighted that you added the option to just brute force the quest by wiping out enough of the warriors. I had killed quite a lot of them and nothing happened so I just gave up on that being an option. I kept killing them to train my long sword and was quite surprised when a pop up appeared with the lord calling me some sort of daedra :lol:

What is the actual amount that you had to kill? I feel like I killed around a hundred, though that was over the course of me entering the fort several times.
60 Soldiers. :D

So well done, though I wonder if you'd have managed it without being able to leave the fort and recover?

Thanks for the kind words, I really wanted to prove that you could do bespoke quests (i.e. non-procedural) with multiple solutions and routes. In doing so I showed how hard it actually is. Possible, but a challenge for sure.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods