3D People of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Azteca

Re: 3D People of Daggerfall

Post by Azteca »

Looking great! Keep up the good work. Seeing the clothes will start to make it feel like Daggerfall.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Azteca wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:03 pm Looking great! Keep up the good work. Seeing the clothes will start to make it feel like Daggerfall.
My today's progress

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Dang, that's looking fantastic!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Really nice model and textures!

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

That. Was. A. Tough. Week.

Finished modeling clothing, armor and axe for a guard. I hope, I will manage to finish the model to the end of the next week completely. With all the animation and LODs.

I've made a timelapse at 100x speed (50x previously). I hope it won't provoke an epileptic seizure

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Beautiful work!!!

I guess the base body model is planned to be reused in other male humanoids? It should be :)

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:51 am Beautiful work!!!

I guess the base body model is planned to be reused in other male humanoids? It should be :)
Yes, I have both female and male base models. And I will reuse them. I'll only change clothes and hair. And I plan to make two more textures for redguards and bretons.

Also as Daggerfall is an oldschool game, basic models are used for most monsters. Daedras, atronachs, orcs and even gargoyles, centaurs and zombies. All of them are based on the basic male figure.

Classic1985

Post by Classic1985 »

Your models look so good. A while back I did make an argonian base mesh for others to use. you can use it if you want for the argonians, plus its already rigged. new textures will be needed because I cant texture at all. plus a shader and tweaked materials. it has enough polys to work with and tweak around. I cant get that head to look right so sculpting might be required. I went for a morrowind look with skyrim styled heads. good job on those guard models. Here is the download for the model if you are interested. good day. *Warning ugly eye bleeding textures intensifies*

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2923

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Classic1985 wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 am Your models look so good. A while back I did make an argonian base mesh for others to use. you can use it if you want for the argonians, plus its already rigged. new textures will be needed because I cant texture at all. plus a shader and tweaked materials. it has enough polys to work with and tweak around. I cant get that head to look right so sculpting might be required. I went for a morrowind look with skyrim styled heads. good job on those guard models. Here is the download for the model if you are interested. good day. *Warning ugly eye bleeding textures intensifies*

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2923
Well, this model is a good start. If you really like modelling, keep up training. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube, which will help you. My advice for you is to avoid Makehuman or other body mesh generators at the first stages, and to avoid autorigging. You have to understand how all this works to start using it properly. Also always use reference images when modeling (front, side, back views). You don't need sculpting skills to make beautiful models. That is just a choice of a tool. I don't have much to say above that as I'm an amateur in modelling with only 2 years of practice in character modeling.

There are no argonian NPCs in Daggerfall. If they will ever happen to appear in game, this is not a priority atm. Compared to your model vanilla models are bulkier and have different proportions. Also the only TES part where argonians have animal like feet is Morrowind. And I try to make models as close to vanilla as possible.

If I would create argonians for a mod someday, I would very likely use my human base models. But thank you for your offer. I appreciate it.

Classic1985

Post by Classic1985 »

You are welcome. With 2 years of modeling experience, your models look really good. Thanks for taking the time to look at them. Have a nice day.