The Forgotten Quest Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

The Forgotten Quest Pack

Post by Jay_H »

What is the Forgotten Quest Pack?

The UESP has held on to several old quest packs that were written for classic Daggerfall. User Hermän2000 converted them to DFU's format, and I edited them with some basic bug fixes.

The included quest packs are:

Live by the Sword by GhanBuriGhan
Quest Pack #1A by Azileron
Xtra Quest Pack Special Edition by Skeleton Man
Xtra Quest Pack 2 by Skeleton Man
Xtra Quest Pack 3 by Skeleton Man

Important Information

We have no apparent means of communicating with the original quest pack authors. I sent an e-mail to Skeleton Man using the e-mail address included in the Xtra QP information but have received no answer. Until the permission of each mod author is obtained, this quest pack cannot be uploaded to Nexusmods. I'm holding it on Google Drive in the meantime.

Download and Play

Download link

Extract the included "QuestPacks" folder to the StreamingAssets folder of your DFU install so it merges with the existing QuestPacks folder.

Many of these quests have high reputation requirements, so prepare accordingly. A readme is included for each of the component quest packs so you can preview what each one contains.

Any information about bugs you find while testing are greatly appreciated, of any kind whatsoever.

King of Worms

Re: The Forgotten Quest Pack (testing needed)

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for your work and sharing, lets hope the quest authors give you a green light :)

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Thank you Hermän2000 and Jay for the work you have put into converting. I really like if classic stuff can be re-used in DFUnity. There can't be enough quests for Daggerfall! :-)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Downloaded! I'll let you know if I see anything!

Jay_H

Re: The Forgotten Quest Pack

Post by Jay_H »

I have tested each quest in The Forgotten QP, and have completed them all. It took only a few bug fixes -- a testament to DFU's interpretation of the quest language. Download the newest version if you have an old one.

I contacted what may be the authors of the quest packs on Nexusmods, if the profiles are accurate. No answer yet. In the meantime I'm considering this mod "released," open to more bug reports. The whole thing should be stable -- though I have no guarantee that it's balanced.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Ahhhh :lol: so it's called "The Forgotten" because they really were forgotten! :lol:

Downloading now!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Nah, I just wanted a mythical-sounding name. Interkarma excluded these from DFU, but not out of forgetfulness. "The Forgotten Quests" was just a good-sounding name, like a treasure we're unearthing and opening to the world again.

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

Sorry I'm a little bit confused. Is this the same content as in this Nexus mod (Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack 1): https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/2 ?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No. It uses five quest packs from the classic Daggerfall add-ons: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Fil ... al_Add-Ons. You may recognize some of the names from DaggerfallSetup, since it tries to install them to Daggerfall classic.
LBSWORD.ZIP 16 October 1998 55 KB Live by the sword Add-on. Five new Daggerfall quests for fighters guild member.
XQPATCH.ZIP 16 October 1998 7589 bytes Patch to fix some errors in Xtra Quests SE and v2.
XQSE.ZIP 16 October 1998 22 KB Xtra Quests special edition of the first series.
XTRAQST3.ZIP 16 October 1998 32 KB More custom quests for the game.
XTRAQST2.ZIP 16 October 1998 25 KB More custom quests for the game. Read the Help File which comes in the zip for more info.
XTRAQST.ZIP 16 October 1998 17 KB Several new custom quests which one can add to the game. Created by one of the quest editors that exist. Read the Help File which comes in the zip for more info.
Quest Pack #1A ??? 19 KB by Azileron. A quest pack for the Mages' Guild. Adds 7 quests.

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

Jay_H
What if I enabled all options during install of DaggerfallSetup? This questpack is already there or your version acts as an override to it?