Ghosts spawning around Daggerfall

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
nnm_kakouta

Ghosts spawning around Daggerfall

Post by nnm_kakouta »

I have just escaped from starting dungeon and arrived to Daggerfall in night time. I trying to loiter, but ghosts started to spawn in huge amounts, about 6-10 ghosts at the moment, without console it was impossible to survive. I running 0.10.23 version of DFU. How to fix it?
And sorry for my bad english.
Last edited by nnm_kakouta on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pango

Re: Ghosts spawning around Daggerfall

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, nnm_kakouta!
nnm_kakouta wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 am I have just escaped from starting dungeon and arrived to Daggerfall in night time. I trying to loan, but ghosts started to spawn in huge amounts, about 6-15 ghosts at the moment
That's part of the main quest, but "huge amounts" is extremely weird, because if anything ghosts spawn rate in Daggerfall city is way lower than in classic.
Something changed recently? Some mod breaking time compression? (are you using any mods?)
I'll have to check.
Edit: checked with dev version and no mods, and spawn rate looks appropriate.
Or did you mean you can get 6 to 15 ghosts to follow you by running around in Daggerfall?
nnm_kakouta wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 am without console it was impossible to survive. I running 0.10.23 version of DFU. How to fix it?
"Fly, you fools!"
Seriously, why should you be able to survive everything, specially fresh from the starting dungeon?
The emperor warned you about it in the FMV, the tutorial warns you against arriving at Daggerfall city at night, so does Lady Brisienna (that you may not have met yet), so do commoners in rumors.
Only wander in Daggerfall city at night against your best judgment.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

nnm_kakouta

Post by nnm_kakouta »

I just standing near the city gate, without any mods, and ghosts appears near me, while i'm fighting one ghost another 5 attacking me

nnm_kakouta

Post by nnm_kakouta »

Stop, set_timescale command affects monsters spawning?

pango

Post by pango »

Most likely, yes. That's what I had in mind talking about "time compression" above
-- Charles Goodhart

nnm_kakouta

Post by nnm_kakouta »

I'm idiot, i has set timescale to 120, for make the morning come faster. Thank you very much for your help

pango

Post by pango »

Glad we found the bottom of this.

In towns you can Rest -> Loiter instead, if you really don't want to sleep in a tavern. By default you can only loiter 3 hours at a time, but that limit can be increased in the launcher
-- Charles Goodhart