Daggerfall Heraldry Concepts

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
NikitaTheTanner

Re: Daggerfall Heraldry Concepts

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Yeah, you are right about the Tigonus, I also didn't like the visibility. In the end, I've decided to change both the color of the sun and the background color to the brighter one. Here is the result:

Also changed clan Thrafey, now it looks better I think:

Also my suggestion for you, is to maybe try to use different shield shapes (escutcheon), to give them more personality. ;)
I was thinking about it, but for now decided against it. These are mostly placeholders and the actual insignia should look good on everything - banners, shields, flags, etc.

Maybe I will use different shapes to distinguish between different types of icons, though. For example, I could use round shields for Hammerfell regions. But I am not sure at the moment.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Looking good.

NikitaTheTanner

Thought about adding some signs for the Witch Covens. It's actually quite a bit harder to conceptualize 14 unique Witch Covens, than just 9 Vampire clans, but here are the signs. Once again, tried to make Hammerfell stand out a bit. What do you think?

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

All these are very, very interesting and good. I personaly only have just some minor comments.

The Tamarilin -too complex (but its really nice tho)

The Dust witches -too comical

The Mountain witches -too complex (idea is good)

The Tide, Devilrock and Marsh witches -are awesome and I like them a lot. Dont know where you found those, but they are just really good. My personal artistic philosophy is based around simplicity, or -the less is more ;)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The "Sisters of *Kylos" also looks too complex.

* Did I spell that right? Probably not...
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

NikitaTheTanner

Yeah, it's Kykos :D But Petrock is very stylish and the image is rather small, so I don't blame you.

Thanks for the critique, to both of you. I will try to fix them, I mostly agree. For me, witches were more of an afterthought, it's not even Heraldry, strictly speaking. But I think I got some ideas for them.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello Nikita!

I'm reviving your thread to wonder if you were still interested in porting your wonderful heraldry in-game on tapestries, carpets or other decorations.

The reason I'm asking is because I've been working on a project that adds more details to the city walls and, in this case, banners of the regional powers in the capital city of Daggerfall, Wayrest and Sentinel.

If you were interested in putting them in-game using the banners' model as a reference, I could add them to every region's capital city using the world data variant system. :D

kiskoller

Post by kiskoller »

I'm no lorebeard but I think Talos didn't exist in Daggerfall yet. It was the Warp in the West that joined the souls of Hjalti + Zurin + Ysmir and made him a Divine.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

NikitaTheTanner wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm
Yeah, it's Kykos :D But Petrock is very stylish and the image is rather small, so I don't blame you.

Thanks for the critique, to both of you. I will try to fix them, I mostly agree. For me, witches were more of an afterthought, it's not even Heraldry, strictly speaking. But I think I got some ideas for them.
Like Cliffworms said, please make this become reality! That would be an awesome chance to put your beautiful artwork in :D
In Julianos we Trust.

NikitaTheTanner

I'd love to, though I am not sure if any of them are still on my PC, likely lost after many years have passed. Will see what I can do, maybe I'll have time to recreate these in even better quality, but I might not :( If someone were to work on that as well, I would only welcome such efforts.

A good source of inspiration could be the work of the Beyond Skyrim team, the Illiac Bay project (or it may also be used as a resource, if permissions are obtained):
64eeb63452e4dcff28e09e8cdd4fa164.jpg
64eeb63452e4dcff28e09e8cdd4fa164.jpg (135.82 KiB) Viewed 1434 times