[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Handylimit

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Handylimit »

It seems I was mistaking the Cartographers quest for it. :oops:

My apologies. I assumed it was an Archaeological quest as I had coincidentally received the Cartographers quest straight after installing this mod.

onikobe

Post by onikobe »

hi, i got trouble getting a promotion to rank 2 (or higher), am stuck at rank 1 (field agent) for more than 3 months now, despite theoretically meeting the requirements for rank 5 probably.

i didn't grind rep at first, since i somehow remembered (probably falsely) that you couldn't get demoted, only expelled at a certain point. and so it happened that i went from rank 1 to rank 0, while i was out for a month saving the world and so on. but okay, shit happens, i did some quests to get back to rank 1 and after that to not having to worry about it again, i grinded rep from 20something to 100 in one go.

around that time i also fully focused on raising intelligence (had it already high in the 80s, when i joined the archaeologists), going over 100 points (i'm using the levelup adjuster with 200 cap).

anyways, int >100, rep above 90, dodging at 41, stealth at 58, most languages between 14 and 38, but i don't get a promotion, i can only accept more quests and get the locator thingy.

I don't have that problem with the other guilds i'm in (fighter's, mage's, akatosh, dark brotherhood).
could the extended attribute cap be the cause of this? Other guilds don't have attribute requirements, right?! so that would explain why they aren't affected.

also, as far as i understand it, i should only get rank capped at 5 (due to being a bad-ass high ranking mage),
you didn't lower that to 1, did you?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No, that has not changed you should be able to reach rank 5 with your stats. It's possible it's the extender mod, as I have no idea how it works I can't speculate why it may cause an issue. If you post your savefile I will take a look. It's using the same code as the other guilds just with an extra int check on top.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:52 am No, that has not changed you should be able to reach rank 5 with your stats. It's possible it's the extender mod, as I have no idea how it works I can't speculate why it may cause an issue. If you post your savefile I will take a look. It's using the same code as the other guilds just with an extra int check on top.
https://github.com/Ralzar81/LevelUp/blo ... lUp.cs#L94

In the mod settings you can set

static int maxAttribute = 100;

to anything between 50 and 200.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New version 1.1 of the mod is released and uploaded to Nexus. Not much changed, mainly just locator devices now use a better graphic than the wand enabled by the new custom item features.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I actually don't know whether the quest condition for skill checks depends on base or enchanted skill level. We'll have to see!

Galactus

excess Locater devices

Post by Galactus »

I am working my way up through the rep ladder of the archeologist guild but it seems I'm getting a new locater device with each mission. Atm I'm carrying 4 and not sure what to do with the excess ones ?

Ralzar

Re: excess Locater devices

Post by Ralzar »

Galactus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:28 pm I am working my way up through the rep ladder of the archeologist guild but it seems I'm getting a new locater device with each mission. Atm I'm carrying 4 and not sure what to do with the excess ones ?
Use them?

Galactus

Post by Galactus »

I have used them but they don't dissapear after use. Over time they'll begin stacking up so I thought they should be handed back or something?