New Stealth Toggle

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Baptor

New Stealth Toggle

Post by Baptor »

I noticed that in the most recent build there's a stealth toggle feature. It says that, previously, you had to hold down a button to stealth.

In classic you just auto-stealthed all the time...is that no longer the case in Unity?

pango

Re: New Stealth Toggle

Post by pango »

Baptor wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:00 pm In classic you just auto-stealthed all the time...is that no longer the case in Unity?
My understanding is that your stealthiness depends on your speed, and you can adjust the former by adjusting the latter, using a "Sneak" key that actually slows you down...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yep, it just toggles the "Sneak" key on and off so you don't need to hold it down to move at half speed. The actual stealth calculation based on player movement speed hasn't changed.

Baptor

Post by Baptor »

Thanks! And while your here interkarma please let me thank you for making DF Unity! Can't say how much more accessible it's made the game. I bought DF when it first came out in the 90s but this is the first time I've really come to enjoy it. Thank you again for all the hard work!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers Baptor! Thanks for the kind words. :)

JarekStorm

Post by JarekStorm »

For those looking for the stealth toggle keybind in options, it’s labeled LOOK AROUND.

Found this info in another post and figured I’d add it here as well. I’m still on 10.24 for mod compatibility, so perhaps this has been corrected in a newer build.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

JarekStorm wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:55 pm For those looking for the stealth toggle keybind in options, it’s labeled LOOK AROUND.

Found this info in another post and figured I’d add it here as well. I’m still on 10.24 for mod compatibility, so perhaps this has been corrected in a newer build.
This is actually caused by a mod, it's not something in unmodded DFU. :) This is how it looks in DFU:

unmodded-dfu.jpg
unmodded-dfu.jpg (406.49 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

And this is how it looks with DREAM's "HUD & Menu" dfmod installed.

modded-ui.jpg
modded-ui.jpg (450 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

I suspect DREAM might not be providing a replacement image for CNFG00I1.IMG, which is how the above gets patched/overlaid to "Sneak".

In classic Daggerfall, it will display "Sneak" or "Look Around" based on user's selection of View Mode or Cursor Mode. As DFU only implements View Mode, then CNFG00I1.IMG has to be present to overlay base UI image in same style.

JarekStorm

Post by JarekStorm »

Hey thanks for the reply InterKarma! I am in fact using DREAM, so that’s the culprit!

I guess that's what I get for modding DFU before even trying out the base game... :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yup its caused by the DREAM mod, I will correct it in the next release .)

JarekStorm

Post by JarekStorm »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:08 pm Yup its caused by the DREAM mod, I will correct it in the next release .)
Awesome! What a great community this is!