[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Iron_Mal

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.83c)

Post by Iron_Mal »

Hi, AlexanderSig

My name is Mal, Im a 3d sculptor/model and texture artist and I recently found your mod for Daggerfall. I would like to offer my 3d skills to help you with this mod if you still need help as you mentioned at the bottom of the original post. If you're interested go ahead and send me a PM and we can exchange info and I can get to work right away. I'm very impressed with the work you've done so far and would love to be a part in continuing to bring this mod to life.

Iron_Mal

Post by Iron_Mal »

Hey so I got your message, I cant reply though due to restrictions on my account because its so new. I downloaded the daggerfall model viewer you linked me. If there's anywhere else we can take this conversation such as discord, please message me with your name and #tag.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Iron_Mal wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:22 pm Hey so I got your message, I cant reply though due to restrictions on my account because its so new. I downloaded the daggerfall model viewer you linked me. If there's anywhere else we can take this conversation such as discord, please message me with your name and #tag.
Sent a new PM :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Working on fixing some bugs now. I'm aware of various issues that have been reported in this thread. Please post soon if you know of any issues with the mod.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Some compile errors when you go into certain buildings, which then cause the auto-map "player arrow" to become a invisible but collidable object, which you can get stuck on. "Fixed" by opening up the auto-map, but still a bug.

Another one being if you enter most dungeon interiors, they will usually be a good few compile errors involving light sources that will pop up. Those are just two that I know of right now.

DigitalMonk

Post by DigitalMonk »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:29 pm Some compile errors when you go into certain buildings, which then cause the auto-map "player arrow" to become a invisible but collidable object, which you can get stuck on. "Fixed" by opening up the auto-map, but still a bug.
So that's what's been hanging me up... I had just given up on using the handpainted models for interiors because of how frequently I got blocked by some invisible thing.

Any of the devs feel like turning off the "collision" object that is tied to the automap's player arrow? I know that the preferred solution is to avoid the compile errors in the first place, but I can't think of any reason for the automap's player arrow to need a collision shape...

Kokey

Post by Kokey »

AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:38 am Working on fixing some bugs now. I'm aware of various issues that have been reported in this thread. Please post soon if you know of any issues with the mod.
I noticed that fences (dunno if its from this mod) and carts float. Just reporting. :p

Herowho

Post by Herowho »

I was wondering if someone coud make a low poly/quality counterpart to this mod. I found myself liking some of the lower poly models with the sharp angles more than the smoother, higher poly models like those torch podium things. I thought it would be cool if more of the models and textures resembled the look of games like Shadowgate 64 or Castlevania64, or maybe even Hexen II. I'm not looking for NPCs or enemies to have 3D models, they could probably fit in enough with their vanilla looks, but things like items on the ground and shelves, again, like this mod except consistently lower poly and with "not as high" quality textures. Maybe something that "almost" fits with vanilla, but with less 2d objects.

I understand if no one wants to work on something like this. I think I'm one of like, 4 people that dig the specific graphic fidelity of certain N64 games, ones that usually use the N64 Expansion pack.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:29 pm Some compile errors when you go into certain buildings, which then cause the auto-map "player arrow" to become a invisible but collidable object, which you can get stuck on. "Fixed" by opening up the auto-map, but still a bug.

Another one being if you enter most dungeon interiors, they will usually be a good few compile errors involving light sources that will pop up. Those are just two that I know of right now.
Does it give up any ID for a model that is causing this? Or any more detail? No idea how to fix this to be honest

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Does it give up any ID for a model that is causing this? Or any more detail? No idea how to fix this to be honest
This is the Unity error/errors from entering in some dungeon interiors:
Capture123.JPG
Capture123.JPG (141.53 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Here is the ones when the auto-map arrow gets bugged:
Capture3333.JPG
Capture3333.JPG (156.5 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
Capture5555.JPG
Capture5555.JPG (67.35 KiB) Viewed 1293 times