Small paper doll issue.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Khanog Doombrew

Small paper doll issue.

Post by Khanog Doombrew »

So my Khajiit's paper doll is a bit messed up. The cloak seems to be missing a few bits.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Haven't played around with any addons that change the textures of clothing, so I at least don't think I could've altered something there by accident.

King of Worms

Re: Small paper doll issue.

Post by King of Worms »

Thats how the game is.. if you mean the holes in the cloak. The cloak consists of the exterior piece and interior piece. Here they dont fit together and thus there is that vertical hole. Ive tried to correct these issues in the DREAM mod in a PAPERDOLL module. Maybe give it a shot, u can disable it anytime. Post a screen if u decide to do so. If u add a HUD module, you will have new dynamic paperdoll backgrounds as well.

Khanog Doombrew

Post by Khanog Doombrew »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:36 am Thats how the game is.. if you mean the holes in the cloak. The cloak consists of the exterior piece and interior piece. Here they dont fit together and thus there is that vertical hole. Ive tried to correct these issues in the DREAM mod in a PAPERDOLL module. Maybe give it a shot, u can disable it anytime. Post a screen if u decide to do so. If u add a HUD module, you will have new dynamic paperdoll backgrounds as well.
Many thanks for the suggestion, however, while DREAM is an absolute wonder of a mod and it's quite fascinating to see a game like Daggerfall brought up to having such modern graphics (thank you for all the work put into that, it truly is inspiring to see and your work is much to respect and appreciate even by those not using it). I do admit I'm a bit of a sucker for the olden look. Don't ask me why, just something in my brain makes looking at pixels give me a sense of comfort. Probably a nostalgia thing I fancy too much.

To be quite honest I never even noticed the cloak was "torn" like that until a few days ago when I posted this. I have no idea how long it's been like that, and somehow I still don't really notice it when just taking a glance at the paper doll, so it's no biggie. Either way however, let's hope this goes away soon!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for a nice words! ;)

I understand the love for the pixels as well, dont worry... thats the nostalgia I have for the times I played such a games as a kid :) For this issue you write about, Im not sure there will be a fix. Not many (aka zero) ppl focus on fixing the vanilla Daggerfall paperdoll issues. Ive seen a clothing fix, but thats most likely not for the cloak u describe. What u can try to do, is click "Use" icon and than click on that cloak, it will change it to different variants, maybe one of them will noit have this issue. Or u can put another clothing oon or under, so it gets fixed as well :) Improvise.

Ive found a copy of clothing bug fix for you, if u use the vanilla, than u want to use this, it fixes some stuff...
bug fix clothing.rar
(1 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Also make sure u use the recomended Daggerfall files from here:
http://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dagg ... ve-builds/
(the "DaggerfallGameFiles.zip (external Google Drive link)" )