[MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Floppy N'Wah

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Hey Hazelnut, Just posted on nexus then felt this place was more appropriate. Anyway as I noticed in the post above you sorta went over the defense value. But having regular shoes give +3 and your new leather boots have +2 seems off? I suggest dropping the value of shoes as 3 always seemed OP any how imho.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I agree, it was silly that armor pieces gave less than normal boots. I looked at changing boots, and it would require core changes that I don't feel are justified by the gain. Instead I've reviewed and re-balanced armor values for all of the new pieces in this mod, buffing them slightly. I'm very happy with the distribution now, and have added a table for comparison on the first post.

I also fine tuned the price and enchantment for the new brigandine armors since some were a bit expensive. Released v0.8 with these balance changes.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I thought of you and the Dream mod more than a few times.
Its quite nice when someone gets a glimpse of what I had to go thru, Im very sure absolute majority of ppl cant imagine it. But man.. maybe its better this way, so ppl dont realize how insane it all was. ;)

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Never expected to see tiered leather armor. I think I have the motivation needed for another playthrough now.

Edit: The Brigandine jerkin looks so amazing. I love this new setup. I can really play that old school D&D ranger now.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Version 0.9 released to be compatible with latest DFU release 0.11.3
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Version 0.9.1 released for DFU 0.11.3 that will also be compatible with 0.11.4 when it's released, and also fixes 3 weapon weights that were wrong.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

OMG! The brigandines are literally amazing! :shock: 10/10, can't play without them anymore :D The only nitpick I can give - some of them look much better than others, due to color combinations. The Dwarven probably looks the best, while Daedric is kinda meh. I think more contrasting cloth colors might look better, just some examples - like dark grey/black cloth for Daedric brigandine, maybe dark orange for Orcish brigandine, purple-ish cloth for Ebony, light grey for Adamantium, and golden yellow for Mithril. These are just some ideas, I've not encountered them all in the game, so mostly based on the preview image in the topic. Overall, still a really great design!

Now, if only some plate helmets could be arranged like bascinets, sallets and maybe some kettle helms - that would be medieval fever dream come true! :roll:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks, glad you like them. Hate to disappoint but I think there's zero chance I am going to go back and re-do the colours. That was hours and hours of clicking and concentration. :)

I do kinda agree that the Daedric looks a little bad, but I thought it would be interesting if you sometimes have to choose between looking good and having the best protection. lol :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The mod has just had it first full release, get v1.0 at nexus. DFU 0.11.5+

New module for alchemist stores to stock potions, availible for a markup over guilds but to anyone with the coin. Thanks to Ralzar for this one.

darkedone02

Post by darkedone02 »

It seems this mod have issues with levelup adjustor, I've turned off the mod just to pinpoint what causing my levelup adjuster to not work appropriately, even when i moved levelup adjuster to the top. I am wondering if you could politely make something that could be compatible with it.