The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
slayer32

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by slayer32 »

Hello there!

I've been replaying Daggerfall lately and decided to update my game to the Unity engine. Thank you so much for improving such a great game Interkarma! :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey slayer32! Welcome to the forums and thank you for the kind words. :)

Sniffles

Post by Sniffles »

Hello everyone! Long time Daggerfall player and have been somewhat keeping up on this Daggerfall Unity project for a few years, reading the blog posts, etc. Just thought I’d join the forums for the first time to ask some questions about the game and such.

Thank you for the awesome job with DFU, allowing everyone to experience this masterpiece of a game in a much improved, more stable and modern way. I know this is a bit late, but congrats on achieving Beta!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Sniffles, welcome to the forums! :)

Zavi

Post by Zavi »

Hi everyone. Giving Daggerfall a try and thought I'd visit the forums. InterKarma is My Hero :D
Last edited by Zavi on Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Hello. Just wanted to relive my misspent youth by going back to my RPG roots. I loved TTRPG way back when but, as is life, my group drifted apart. I never really got into CRPG's (though I have played around in Morrowind over the years) as I always missed the social aspect of a group gathering.

Having hit a midlife crisis, I've decided to give Daggerfall a bash as it seems to capture some of that innocent magic of sitting around with friends and immersing oneself in a new and strange world.

So, I've installed DFU and a bunch of mods and I'm ready to crawl some dungeons and get drunk in some taverns. Wish me luck!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

A belated welcome to Zavi, great to have you here! :)

And welcome to the forums Hipnotic Rogue! Good luck with your journey into Daggerfall. :)

Hipnotic Rogue

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

Thank you for the warm welcome. Not sure how my luck is, though. I've already restarted my playthrough around 5 times! :P

I'm kinda playing the game as a Roguelike but giving my self 3 saves just to get a feel of the game. Totally loving it. The fantasy setting is a little more typical than Morrowind so far but I really enjoy the wee surprises now and again. Basically at the minute I'm just running around and stabbing lots of baddies and getting lost in the world.

Thank you for all the hard work on DFU and thank you for sharing that hard work with everyone. Stability has always been a big put-off with ES games but now I can feel safe that I can play for hours and not worry about crashes and save corruptions.

Healer2022

Post by Healer2022 »

Daggerfall is the best game I ever played. It helped me much with my studies on psychology. It is a sort of life style for me. 8-)

I am nearly 50 years old and don't have much spare time, but sometimes I can't resist take a look at DFU. I hope I can help to make this project better. 8-)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

G'day Healer2022, welcome to the forums. :D