A New Main Quest BETA

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: A New Main Quest BETA

Post by Hazelnut »

I will see if the same happens with my own quest Jay, there may be a more general issue with TO. I'll check and report back.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for checking, and don't worry too much about it. There's a reason we save and load games. If the problem is irreconcilable, at least there are ways to avoid it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I suspect the problem is caused by the quest event spawning enemies. This in turn triggers travel option to do a text popup for enemies interrupting your travel. This gets forced on top of the quest text.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Think I ran into a bug. I did Shedungent. Fast traveled back to Wrothgaria. There I got popups for a bunch of letters from different factions. I saved and quit for the day.

Today I loaded up the save and fast-traveled to Wayrest. Upon arriving I get a popup for a letter from Wayrest. But the letter in my inventory is the Daggerfall letter, which I already got. I reloaded and made sure I did not have the letter already, but nope.

The save, if you should need it:
SAVE7.zip
(369.01 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Another minor thing. When talking to Gortwog, he gives you two pages of text. Then rewards you with an item, then the two pages of text repeats and he gives you gold. Maybe limit it to one reward unless you can avoid the text repeating?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm Think I ran into a bug. I did Shedungent. Fast traveled back to Wrothgaria. There I got popups for a bunch of letters from different factions. I saved and quit for the day.

Today I loaded up the save and fast-traveled to Wayrest. Upon arriving I get a popup for a letter from Wayrest. But the letter in my inventory is the Daggerfall letter, which I already got. I reloaded and made sure I did not have the letter already, but nope.

The save, if you should need it:

SAVE7.zip
Thanks for reporting it. A silly mistake of mine; the tasks I had to use were just copy-pasted 7 times, with individual variations. I forgot to vary that one. I was sure it was going to happen sooner or later!
Another minor thing. When talking to Gortwog, he gives you two pages of text. Then rewards you with an item, then the two pages of text repeats and he gives you gold. Maybe limit it to one reward unless you can avoid the text repeating?
There's actually a simpler reward task I can use for it. It doesn't give you the triumphant inventory screen, but it'll avoid this problem. I kind of want to report it as an engine bug since I'm pretty sure classic didn't do this (there's a witch quest where you get a triple reward using this same command), but with where DFU is, I might just leave it alone.

I'll make the changes today, thanks Ralzar :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Progressing slowly along the main quest.

First of all, I did the Sentinel bit and daaaaamn yoooouuu! I spent way too long finding the puzzle room, and gettign through the puzzle to discover that was NOT where the quest objective was anymore :D

After you kill a certain lord, you get a letter from Daggerfall. This happens too fast I think. I barely got out of the castle and walked the short stretch to the nearest settlement when I got the letter. This might need a bit more room to feel plausible? Unless you get it by some magical means. Although granted, the original Main Quest had a lot of implausibly efficient messengers :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:50 pm First of all, I did the Sentinel bit and daaaaamn yoooouuu! I spent way too long finding the puzzle room, and gettign through the puzzle to discover that was NOT where the quest objective was anymore :D
I legitimately want it to spawn there and I can't figure out how. I used the exact same code as in the original Main Quest and it just doesn't show up there. Anyone able to tell me how, I'm listening!
After you kill a certain lord, you get a letter from Daggerfall. This happens too fast I think. I barely got out of the castle and walked the short stretch to the nearest settlement when I got the letter. This might need a bit more room to feel plausible? Unless you get it by some magical means. Although granted, the original Main Quest had a lot of implausibly efficient messengers :D
I had to jam it in there because it's really at the end-game; you might have one or two major journeys ahead of you, but this game is pretty much wrapped up now. I'll add a delay of a 1 to 3 weeks though, at least the travel to the final two dungeons should give room enough to reason with it. Thanks for the feedback again.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Watching a stream right now where the streamer had a weird conversation bug.

He is asking for Charvek-si, but the text displayed is "asking for work". But the NPC response is correct.

Not sure if this is a bug with your quest or a general DFU bug?
convoBug.png
convoBug.png (772.54 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That's definitely not a quest issue. For some reason the dialogue for "ask about person" is being rerouted to "ask about work." If we can reproduce it, it's a bug report we should file.