Health Point/Hit Point Generator When Leveling

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Guitarron

Re: Health Point/Hit Point Generator When Leveling

Post by Guitarron »

Tried making a video so you can see what I see. I reduced the size to 320x240 medium quality and the file is still too large to attach. What is the limit and I will try an whittle it down.

Thank you

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You'll probably want to upload it to a site like Google Drive, Youtube, Gfycat, or somewhere else. The forums' upload limit is far too small for a video :)

Guitarron

Post by Guitarron »

Forgot about file sharing....my age is starting to show. I have attached a link that should get you the download of a video I made of leveling up. It is a link to jumpshare. It is a 74.4 Meg file. I am using my laptop that refreshes at 240hz. I have d3gear running with the frame rate in top right corner.

https://jmp.sh/b65Lswe

I didn't make the video of 50 levelings but I did about 15 or so and then I showed how if I rest for 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 hours I will get 5 hit points.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

For the sake of convenience, I uploaded it to Youtube as an unlisted video. I'll delete it after this bug report gets closed.

pango

Post by pango »

Maybe Time.frameCount should be used instead of Time.renderedFrameCount?
Time.renderedFrameCount is not documented, I found somebody mentionning its behavior changed with Unity 2018.2+ (not too sure of the version apparently):
https://arongranberg.com/astar/document ... gelog.html
and doesn't look significantly better as a sound of entropy: https://answers.unity.com/questions/933 ... er-1317756 (well, that post predates 2018.2.x, so who knows how it works now)
Either that, or a better seeding than Time.frameCount altogether.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for video, and for uploading to YouTube Jay! :)

If this is the same save file you provided me, your current maximum health before levelup is 63. The range you can increase from HitPointsPerLevel is 4-8. An Endurance of 60 will also add +1 per level, so the range is really 5-9.

Watching your video, I can see your maximum health is increasing by a random amount on each levelup perfectly within that range.

Code: Select all

0:14   72   +9
0:30   72   +9
0:47   68   +5
1:01   70   +7
1:16   71   +8
1:31   72   +9
1:46   71   +8
2:02   70   +7
1:46   71   +8
2:03   70   +7
Maybe you're looking at something different? Everything about health rolls per level look fine to me.

pango

Post by pango »

You're right! That's the bonusPool that may need reseeding
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, good pick. I wasn't looking at bonus pool as the topic subject is about hit points, and even the first post is describing hit points and the class maximum of 8 per level.

Guitarron, are you actually referring to the bonus pool? This is the amount your attributes can increase each level. This is always a value between 4-6, it's unrelated to health or HitPointsPerLevel of class.

Edit: I've made a change to reseed bonus pool, as that's probably what Guitarron meant. I'm getting a number between 4-6 now when savescumming levelups. :)

Guitarron

Post by Guitarron »

oh duh. I am so narrow sighted. Yes. It isn't the health, it is the points that can be awarded to the different attributes the char has. Sheesh. Sorry about that. Sometimes I can't see the forest through the trees.

Thank you!!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You're welcome! Happy we could identify a problem and fix it. I'm also grateful Pango picked up on the actual problem and helped. :D