Upgrading DFU

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
davidk64

Upgrading DFU

Post by davidk64 »

Apologies if there is a sticky somewhere covering this. What are the steps to upgrade an existing DFU installation when a new version is released? I mean with regards to installed mods. Do you have to reinstall them or can you copy folders across? Especially with regard to the DREAM mod. Thanks for any guidance.

Ralzar

Re: Upgrading DFU

Post by Ralzar »

Yes and no. The safest way to do it is to just redownlaod and reinstall in the new build.

Many copy the streamingassets folder over and then check if any of the mods they use have been updated and upgrade those mods.
But this can be risky because the new DFU build can have changes to the files that are in StreamingAssets.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:31 am Many copy the streamingassets folder over and then check if any of the mods they use have been updated and upgrade those mods.
But this can be risky because the new DFU build can have changes to the files that are in StreamingAssets.
Yes, don't do that! Just copy mods, and any loose files over.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Or install your mods through MO2.
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.