[MOD] Villager Variety

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: [MOD] Villager Variety

Post by Jay_H »

Oh wow, you're right. I just tested it and it's true. Thanks for telling me.

carademono

Post by carademono »

Just wanted to let folks know that Kamer, Hazelnut, and I are working on integrating VIO's sprites into Villager Variety. Version 0.85 (currently up on Nexus) has three Dunmer villagers who you will occasionally run into. Our goal is to have all of Tamriel's races represented, along with adventurers, horse riders, more villager outfits, and some other incredibly cool stuff that Kamer's been cooking up. We're working on this with VV and VIO compatibility in mind.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

AMAZING news!!! Horse/wagon riders are incredibly immersive as well as guards.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Wagons, horses etc will all be configurable to player taste, but the argonian / elves wont be as the corresponding portraits will need to be modified.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice project and cooperation guys, well done :)

carademono

Post by carademono »

Preview of Elven villagers in next version by Hazelnut, Kamer, and me:

Each race will have 8 different faces (4 male and 4 female) and unlimited outfit variants

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Those look really nice!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

This is beautiful.

At long last, there won't only be humans in the streets. The sprites are beautiful. :)

carademono

Post by carademono »

Version 1.0 is now released. I'm really proud of this one -- it incorporates everything I've learned in nearly a year of playing with Daggerfall's sprites, and it took a lot of work. Every single frame (all 6,370!) has been revised in some way. Faces are now color-corrected and walking animations fixed. I used AI to generate pixel-perfect transparency outlines. Villagers' faces have been dramatically improved. I worked to better match sprites and portraits, especially for hooded sprites. If you haven't tried this mod out before, I hope you give it a try now. If you tried out a previous version but it wasn't up to snuff, I hope you give it another chance.

Get the mod here:
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/219

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not playing DFU atm (waiting for next update) but I just gotta say from the pictures I love the new look of this mod :)