[Discussion] [DFUnity] Translation of Daggerfall

Discuss translation of Daggerfall Unity and the required Daggerfall installation. Help other communities learn how to translate Daggerfall using any available tools and processes.
Daneel53

Re: [Discussion] [DFUnity] Translation of Daggerfall

Post by Daneel53 »

I don't really like what I've written above. May be in the already done GUI mods it could be possible to find new panels more easy to modify than to cope pixel by pixel with the old and small (320x200) Daggerfall panels.

I will see what is existing today, or may be some readers know this kind of mods and can help. I will begin with the famous DREAM mod that I've not yet installed to see what is inside.
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.
French translator for many Warband mods and Bannerlord.

Daneel53

Post by Daneel53 »

As mentioned above, I used the last ten days to see what can be done to translate the DREAM menus in order to obtain translated menus on HD images.

The result of all this can be read into the subject "Translation of DREAM menu images" that will be used to give all needed information on that specific work.

The present subject will wait next release of DFU and Interkerma's tutorials to continue in Daggerfall Unity translation.
In charge of Project French Daggerfall and DaggerfallSetup, dev. of DFTools in English.
French translator for many Warband mods and Bannerlord.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Alain. :) Just letting you know I'm about to get back to localisation tutorials this week. I'm finally on top of PR backlog, and 0.11.3 will have font fixes that were blocking next part of tutorial.

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

Dear Interkarma,

lately, you upgraded DFUnity to a new Unity-Version. I was wondering if this also extends to the translation, or if we should still use Unity 2019.4.10f1? Secondly, please no pressure, but as you seem to be finished(?) with post-processing I would like to ask what your further plans regarding translation are? What do you plan until 1.0 or maybe even after that? Will DFUnity be completely translateable, before you move over to your new project? :)

Best wishes,
Deep
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Deepfighter :)

I'll be moving back to localisation soon now that rendering review is over. Localisation will receive an upgrade to latest version of package and some fixes. You'll definitely want to move to same engine version as current master (2019.4.28f1).

I plan to add support for books and quest text before 1.0, and round out the tutorials. There are a couple of other minor text sources I'd like to add as well, namely flats descriptions and faction text.

I do expect that localisation will continue beyond 1.0. It's a huge area of work and depending on the needs of various languages will require ongoing development and support.

My goal is to leave things with a good baseline for localisation the community can continue building on, even after my time as steward comes to an end. I'll communicate clearly with everyone once I start to wind down my involvement.