Birds in DaggerFall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Uncanny_Valley

Birds in DaggerFall

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Finally made my flying birds mod (now called Birds in DaggerFall) working as a stand alone mod! :D

Birds in DaggerFall
Version 1.0
Author: Uncanny
Description: Adds flying birds into the sky of Daggerfall

Download:
Birds.zip
(151.24 KiB) Downloaded 711 times

UPDATE: This is the old version! Please go here for the latest release.

Nexus mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/18
Birds in Daggerfall 2.0 board:http://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic. ... aff879adb1
Last edited by Uncanny_Valley on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Re: Birds in DaggerFall

Post by Interkarma »

Nice one! :)

I've added this to the list of released mods now. Will take out the old implementation from code today.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I like these kinds of mods. :) Stuff that makes the world feel more alive.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Screenshots!? Videos!? :D

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Hey there. I'd like to point out, that since this mod has become standalone, I haven't seen any birds in DFU. :( Tried with live builds 70, 72 and 74.
Can someone confirm, that the standalone "birds mod" is actually working as intended? Thanks. :)

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

ifkopifko wrote:Hey there. I'd like to point out, that since this mod has become standalone, I haven't seen any birds in DFU. :( Tried with live builds 70, 72 and 74.
Can someone confirm, that the standalone "birds mod" is actually working as intended? Thanks. :)
Thanks for the bug report! While testing the mod it worked correctly in the editor, but not in a stand alone build, rookie mistake on my part. :(

Birds in DaggerFall
Version 1.0.1
Author: Uncanny
Note: Fixed. :)
Download:
Birds in Daggerfall 1.0.1.zip
Updated version
(149.64 KiB) Downloaded 3910 times

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Thanks for the fix, works great. I have missed this a lot actually.

I have noted, that now there are some kind of birds of prey in the sky, some hawk or something, but it actually looks very large. :-) It seems a bit awkward as it flies as a plane with no motion and in a straight and flat trajectory. Maybe if it would fly at higher altitudes, or even in a large circle, it would look better? Just a suggestion, I am pretty happy with the mod and thankful that it exists. :-)

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

ifkopifko wrote:Thanks for the fix, works great. I have missed this a lot actually.

I have noted, that now there are some kind of birds of prey in the sky, some hawk or something, but it actually looks very large. :-) It seems a bit awkward as it flies as a plane with no motion and in a straight and flat trajectory. Maybe if it would fly at higher altitudes, or even in a large circle, it would look better? Just a suggestion, I am pretty happy with the mod and thankful that it exists. :-)
Glad to hear you like it and thanks for the feedback! :D I added the hawk a while back to add some more variation to the type of birds that appear. Hawks in the real world "glide" more across the sky rather than flapping their wings, so I didn't make any animation to it, but yeah, I agree that it looks a bit odd of in game. :lol: Giving them a higher altitude and/or make them fly in circle are both good ideas. I will see what I can do.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Thank you for the update, works great! With Lypyl mod it makes a pretty good looking sky :)
mountain.png
mountain.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 8365 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice screenshot, those birds add to the credibility of the enviroment for sure. Btw are the trees using the flats jmanowar created or am I seeing things?