[0.13.4] Gem/Jewelry Shops Can't Be Asked For Regionally In Dialogue [RESOLVED 0.13.5]

Magicono43

[0.13.4] Gem/Jewelry Shops Can't Be Asked For Regionally In Dialogue [RESOLVED 0.13.5]

Post by Magicono43 »

So was just doing some testing with Gem store items, and found it more annoying than I expected to find a shop in the Daggerfall region. At least as far as I am aware, if a shop type does not exist in the current town you are in, you can ask any of the locals where you might find one of those types of stores in that same region through the "Regional" dialogue options.

But I found that Gem Stores never show up as an option in that menu, unlike all the other ones such as Bookstores, Libraries, Clothing Stores, etc.

Hopefully this is fairly self explanatory and straight forward to reproduce, just talk to an NPC in a city without a gem-store and in the regional dialogue menu you won't see any option for Gem Stores in that region, even when they do exist such as in the Daggerfall region obviously, thanks.

Asesino

Re: [0.13.4] Gem/Jewelry Shops Can't Be Asked For Regionally In Dialogue

Post by Asesino »

Hi,
I was able to reproduce the issue. I will work on a PR today with a fix.

thanks
A

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Asesino wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:06 pm Hi,
I was able to reproduce the issue. I will work on a PR today with a fix.

thanks
A
Sounds good, thanks. I imagine the actual fix will probably be simple like just adding a variable that was omitted from the dialogue options or something, hopefully, lol.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

it turned out to be even easier. :D The table had 29 entries, but was only referencing the first 28 items, so it missed Gem Stores.

The PR has been submitted.

thanks
a

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Asesino wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:21 pm it turned out to be even easier. :D The table had 29 entries, but was only referencing the first 28 items, so it missed Gem Stores.

The PR has been submitted.

thanks
a
Ha awesome, well at least it was only missing one of the more useless shop types in the base game, otherwise people may have noticed earlier, lol.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

On a related note, Pango and I discovered last year that it's not possible to ask for regional pawn shops either. We weren't able to determine anything other than it being a bug in the original game that apparently has been copied into DFU.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

XJDHDR wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:24 am On a related note, Pango and I discovered last year that it's not possible to ask for regional pawn shops either. We weren't able to determine anything other than it being a bug in the original game that apparently has been copied into DFU.
Oh huh, I did not even notice that one for whatever reason while testing, and that is much more unfortunate as pawn shops are extremely useful services.

Asesino

Post by Asesino »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:57 am
XJDHDR wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:24 am On a related note, Pango and I discovered last year that it's not possible to ask for regional pawn shops either. We weren't able to determine anything other than it being a bug in the original game that apparently has been copied into DFU.
Oh huh, I did not even notice that one for whatever reason while testing, and that is much more unfortunate as pawn shops are extremely useful services.
Hi all,
I was playing around with this, and it looks like pawn Shops are the seventh bit of third byte in the location key. In the code, in talkmanager, that splits up the building key to bits, it would be the seventh bit of the guildflags. It seems to work if you look for that in the function, however, for it to work, I had to change the localization table for BuildingNames to include pawn shops, and recompile the assembly; all of which I did with guess work so I don't think It is PR worthy. I am including my findings here in case someone with more knowledge of this part of the code might want to tackle it.

As a side note, palaces seem to be the eighth bit of the guild flags, in case there is use for that later :D

thanks
a

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Working Now
Working Now
2022_03_31_23_56_11.jpg (204.94 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Just tested this for DFU v0.13.5. Now it seems to be working.
Nice job on the fixes, Asesino!