[MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Regnier

Re: [MOD] Language Skills Overhaul

Post by Regnier »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:29 am
Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:23 am This may be outside the scope of this mod but

any interest in making daedric and orcish governed by personality? The idea is that they are capable of actually speaking rather than just 'communicating'
The governing attribute does not do anything, so would not really matter.
i thought the level of the attribute increased the ease of leveling the skills?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:39 am
Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:23 am This may be outside the scope of this mod but

any interest in making daedric and orcish governed by personality? The idea is that they are capable of actually speaking rather than just 'communicating'
Nope, we debunked that probably like 2 years back in some other thread. In both the vanilla game and DFU the governing attributes do literally nothing in the code atm.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:54 am
Regnier wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:39 am

Nope, we debunked that probably like 2 years back in some other thread. In both the vanilla game and DFU the governing attributes do literally nothing in the code atm.
they do nothing to the skills you mean, right? oh i didnt know...does that count as something not to be fixed in DFU and will need to be modded?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Likely just an unfinished feature among many others in the original game. It can be done fairly easily as I have done in my own fork, but currently not (easily) moddable due to the skill scripts being not very accessible to outside calls and overrides.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

First, I have to say that this mode is great, finally giving usefulness to language skills, plus Etiquette and Streetwise to the point that they are now maybe a bit OP.

Anyway, playing with Limited Gold Shops make NPC having no gold to trade, even when they actually have gold in their inventory. The only choice left is to buy from them. Is a fix planned for the future? Is maybe something Limited Gold Shop author should address?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Arneb wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:07 pm First, I have to say that this mode is great, finally giving usefulness to language skills, plus Etiquette and Streetwise to the point that they are now maybe a bit OP.

Anyway, playing with Limited Gold Shops make NPC having no gold to trade, even when they actually have gold in their inventory. The only choice left is to buy from them. Is a fix planned for the future? Is maybe something Limited Gold Shop author should address?
Hi glad to hear you're enjoying the mod,

I won't have much free modding time for the foreseeable, so won't be able to look at this for a while I'm afraid

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Yep, I think I understand. No problem, and thank you for this already great mod.

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

You mentioned earlier that you used EnemyMotor to trigger the follow logic, but there are very few public bits available in EnemyMotor. I assume you are using MakeEnemyHostileToAttacker()?

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

DunnyOfPenwick wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:32 am You mentioned earlier that you used EnemyMotor to trigger the follow logic, but there are very few public bits available in EnemyMotor. I assume you are using MakeEnemyHostileToAttacker()?
Hi you can check out the code on my GitHub here: https://github.com/Macadaynu/dfunity-mo ... s-overhaul

The EnemyFollower.cs class is probably what you'll be most interested in

DunnyOfPenwick

Post by DunnyOfPenwick »

Thanks. I've been working on PC follow logic for my Create Atronach mod and upcoming Reanimate necromancy mod and this should help.