[MOD] Realistic Wagon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Realistic Wagon

Post by Ralzar »

Jarlyjarljarl wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:44 pm This mod no longer functions: the wagon disappears when you mount a horse and you cannot get it back or access it even if you type rescue_wagon
Hm, I'll have a look at that.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

New version out. Should fix the issue with 0.11.3.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

I really like this mod but there's a few things I'd like to make optional with a settings page. That is, if the source code is public, of course. If it is, can you let me know where I can find it?

Thanks.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Osorkon

Post by Osorkon »

I ran into a bug that makes your horse disappear and be unable to be clicked on. The save is using a million mods, but I disabled all of the graphics and guild mods and the bug still happened when I only had RPR, RPR-I, C&C, Basic Roads, and Realistic Wagon enabled.

To reproduce:
You are facing East when you load, you can see the horse. Go East past the horse about 20-30 feet, turn around, and your horse will have disappeared. To make the horse reappear, you must go West until you're about 75-100 feet away from the horse - the horse will have reappeared. I think it happens because you're right on the edge of a map block, and when you go East onto the new map block that somehow makes your horse vanish.
Attachments
save.zip
(952.43 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hello,

I found a small but recurring bug, not sure if this has been already called out.

It happens if you have horse and wagon and you are teleported (for example, in the quest in which the giver proves to be an orc shaman that teleports you in the dungeon, or when an NPC gives you a magic item to test and this teleports you to a dungeon); once you come back where you left your horse and wagon, the horse will be still there, but the wagon ALWAYS disappears. The only way/workaround to retrieve it is to use the console command.

Thank you!

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Found another one, this is more rare to find but I'm afraid has no workaround at the moment.

Here how to replicate it:

1. Your wagon crashes during a fast travel, because it is too used. As a result, when you arrive to your destination the wagon has disappeared and the content lost (which makes sense)
2. Go to a shop and purchase a new wagon
3. As result, when you step out of the shop you won't find a brand new wagon; rather you will find your OLD wagon which is still broken and with the old content still on it

Hope this helps!

Thanks again

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Thanks for he reports :)

I'll try to get to these soonish.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Hi Ralzar,

the crashing/disappearing wagon issue occurred again to me yesterday and I realized I provided you some not correct information about how to reproduce it. Here is the right way:

1. Have your wagon crashing while fast travelling: as result your wagon will disappear. Actually, the wagon is still with you, but it simply does not respawn. If you enter a dungeon and enter the inventory section while close to the dungeon exit, you will have the wagon option still available, with all of your wares still in it.
2. Go to a general shop and purchase a new wagon: a pop up message will ask "Do you want to abandon your old wagon?" (or something similar)
2A. if you click YES, then you get a brand new empty wagon
2B. if you click NO, the old wagon will respawn, still broken and with all your wares on it. However you have paid the gold for the new wagon

So, it seems it is just a matter of respawning. Maybe the ideal behavior would be that when the wagon breaks during the fast travel, you see it again with you (thus broken) when you arrive at your destination. Then it's up to the player to decide what to do: try to repair it if they have been wise enough to purchase repair parts, or take what they can from the wagon and leave it :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks again

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

andromacus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:22 am Hi Ralzar,

the crashing/disappearing wagon issue occurred again to me yesterday and I realized I provided you some not correct information about how to reproduce it. Here is the right way:

1. Have your wagon crashing while fast travelling: as result your wagon will disappear. Actually, the wagon is still with you, but it simply does not respawn. If you enter a dungeon and enter the inventory section while close to the dungeon exit, you will have the wagon option still available, with all of your wares still in it.
2. Go to a general shop and purchase a new wagon: a pop up message will ask "Do you want to abandon your old wagon?" (or something similar)
2A. if you click YES, then you get a brand new empty wagon
2B. if you click NO, the old wagon will respawn, still broken and with all your wares on it. However you have paid the gold for the new wagon

So, it seems it is just a matter of respawning. Maybe the ideal behavior would be that when the wagon breaks during the fast travel, you see it again with you (thus broken) when you arrive at your destination. Then it's up to the player to decide what to do: try to repair it if they have been wise enough to purchase repair parts, or take what they can from the wagon and leave it :)

Hope this helps!

Thanks again
I have been trying to look at this bug but so far I am unable to reproduce it as the wagon simply is not damaged during fast travel, which is how I intended it to work.
By fast travel, do you actually mean clicking on the map and then instantly traveling there? And then arriving without the wagon?