Farm Services

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
andromacus

Re: Farm Services

Post by andromacus »

Hi John,

I finally managed to purchase my first farm, really curious now to see how the income system works :)

Just another question: do you think it could be feasible to allow the player to rest in the purchased farm or shop (it would make sense in theory, as being his property)? I don't know how much complex would be and if you wish to spend time on this, just a suggestion in case you want to keep this into account :)

Thanks again for all your efforts in producing these great mods!

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

andromacus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 pm do you think it could be feasible to allow the player to rest in the purchased farm or shop (it would make sense in theory, as being his property)? I don't know how much complex would be and if you wish to spend time on this, just a suggestion in case you want to keep this into account :)
Thanks for your reply. I like your idea, I'll add it to Acquisition's TODO list :)

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Thanks to you for your amazing mods!

Since you are mentioning the Acqusition mod, let me report you a NON critical overlap with the Language Skill Overhaul mod I have detected, in case you would like to have a look at it.

To replicate it, follow this steps:

1. Pacify an NPC and have him to follow you
2. Go to a place within a city, like a tavern, shop, temple etc..
3. Ask to the NPC "Do you have anything for sale?"

You will find that the NPC will have within his wares also the contract for the acquisition for the building you are in. Potentially with this you could purchase even temples! :)

Thanks again

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 am
John Doom wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:32 am
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:42 pm Did you make any changes to the code copied from DaggerfallLoot.StockShopShelf() method? It occurs to me that if that method was refactored and split slightly you could simply call it rather than having the code copied into your mod? What do you think?
I think it was mostly to bypass its switch, because farms aren't considered shops by the game. That method was either private or couldn't be overriden, so I butchered it :lol:
I don't know about refactoring, do you mean reflections? As magicono I don't know this witchcraft yet :mrgreen:
I'll create a PR for DFU then, once I double check there's no changes.
Looked at this tonight and you made several changes to that code for your mod so this wont help at all. Sorry, should have checked first. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods