[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
andromacus

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by andromacus »

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the ignorance! :)

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

Hi, I would like to make a suggestion for this great mod.

It's definitely a nice improvement over Tedious Travel mod, but the latter in my opinion did one thing better, ship fast travel.

If I am not blind, I see that TO allows ship journey only when there is the sea in the middle but in my opinion it is too limiting. Why should I not travel for example from Holmarket to Daggerall? They are both on the coast.
In TT you could travel from any port to any port because it was supposed (or imagined) that there were rivers flowing near inland ports.
Furthermore, this would allow for a perfect combination of fast travel and player controlled travel.

IMO it'd be great to have an option to move freely to any city flagged as a port.

What do you think?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Lorex wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:00 am Hi, I would like to make a suggestion for this great mod.

It's definitely a nice improvement over Tedious Travel mod, but the latter in my opinion did one thing better, ship fast travel.

If I am not blind, I see that TO allows ship journey only when there is the sea in the middle but in my opinion it is too limiting. Why should I not travel for example from Holmarket to Daggerall? They are both on the coast.
In TT you could travel from any port to any port because it was supposed (or imagined) that there were rivers flowing near inland ports.
Furthermore, this would allow for a perfect combination of fast travel and player controlled travel.

IMO it'd be great to have an option to move freely to any city flagged as a port.

What do you think?
I agree and it has been up for discussion a few times. But for now, the best suggestion is to tweak your mod settings. For example setting them to only allow ship travel FROM a port but to anywhere. Then if you like you can just set a resstriction on yourself to never travel to anywhere that is not a port :)

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

I tried that, but the settings "from Ports to anywhere" doesn't let me travel either, it says I don't "cross the ocean". With the setting "from anywhere to anywhere" I cannot select Ports at all from the map. I don't know what else to do :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi Lorex,

Yeah this has been discussed a lot, and I think I may now have a way to solve it - but not had time to test it yet. I hope to improve this for the next release planned sometime over the next few weeks if you can bear with me.

Ralzar has not let me forget about this one, and I was thinking about it when I couldn't sleep the other night after looking at the code while exposing the port data. Hopefully my idea will work. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

Great, good to know you're working on it :)

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

I know what I'm gonna ask isn't exactly "game changing", but I'd like it if it would be possible to give the player the possibility to freely look around during player controlled travel.

I really love how the world looks in DFU and I often end up traveling at x1 speed just to admire the landscape and, with World of Daggerfall up, to notice random encampment and structures. Having the ability to turn the camera around while my horse/cart keeps going toward its destination would be really cool.

Anyway, thanks for this great mod and keep up the great work.

andromacus

Post by andromacus »

Arneb wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:43 pm I know what I'm gonna ask isn't exactly "game changing", but I'd like it if it would be possible to give the player the possibility to freely look around during player controlled travel.
That would be another great improvement to this fantastic mod, if could be possible.
As an another great thing (thus I know it is not related to this mod, so apologize for the off topic) would be the restoring of the Telescope mod. With the World of Daggerfall now a reality, that would be such a useful tool for the exploration during travels

esran

Post by esran »

Is there any way in this mod to travel in a direction without a destination? Like if I just want to go north with time acceleration.

Bard

Post by Bard »

This is only tangentially related to this mod, but how reasonable would it be to make the minimap overlay that appears when encountering a crossroads be on while in towns to indicate buildings?

As a separate mod I love the simple design of the overlay.