[MOD] Finding My Religion

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Cliffworms

[MOD] Finding My Religion

Post by Cliffworms »

Finding My Religion
Download Daggerfall Unity Nexus
Detailed Temples Trailer

Current version : 1.12
Change log :
Spoiler!
- Fixed compatibility issue with Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes by XJDHDR that prevented entrance to Dibella and Kynareth temples.

- Fixed Sentinel's Resolution of Z'en (Knights of Iron)

- Added the ability to rest at temples for guild members.
- Added Lord Coulder to Hebu's Temple of Kynareth (Lainlyn Region).
- Added Lord Quistley to Anticlere's Benevolence of Mara.
- Added statue descriptions when the player interacts with them.
- Fixed Anticlere's Benevolence of Mara not loading.

Finding My Religion is a multi-release visual and gameplay overhaul of Daggerfall's religions. The current release is "Detailed Temples", which decorates and redesigns the temples' according to the worshipped deity's sphere of influence. Julianos boasts a bigger library than others, Kynareth has an indoor garden, Mara has a birthing room and more. Each temple have been expanded downwards, with priests' quarters and additional rooms for all service members. They also feature a crypt where people of importance have been buried.

Interacting with the gods' statues will display a message who they are along with their mantra.

An additional gameplay feature is the ability for temple players to sleep in the temples they are affiliated with.

Also, Lord Coulder, a priest of Kynareth, and Lord Quistley, a priest of Mara, can be respectively found in Hebu's Temple of Kynareth (Lainlyn Region) and Anticlere's Benevolence of Mara. Those two NPCs are also added by Famous Faces of the Iliac Bay. This being said, both mods are compatible.

This mod is highly recommended to play alongside Transparent Windows (Macadaynu) because I've matched all of the interior windows with the exterior ones.

Detailed Temples (First release)

The first and simplest release is to enhance and revamp the interiors of each temple so they look and feel different from each other. Each temple has been revamped rooms along with new additions. This includes rooms like an alchemy laboratory, a library, priest quarters, dining area, summoning chambers and a crypt. Some temples also have rooms fitting the theme of the worshipped deity, such as an art gallery in a House of Dibella or a birthing room in a Benevolence of Mara.

Ecclesiastical capitals (Second release)

The second release will change the temple architecture in region capitals for the unused temple models, which are larger than the standard temples. This will allow each capital to be an ecclesiastical capital of the region's patron deity. Such as this ziggurat that fits well the Order of Arkay, god of Life and Death.

Templar Orders (Third release)

We'll see if I can make it so far. ;)
The third release will add headquarters to the templar orders (Order of the Lilly, Knights of Iron, etc.) by taking the unused templar order HQs models. Will this release include full faction re-work? Probably not. We'll see. Simply having a templar presence in the game world would be a boon to the Eight Divines.

Minor Gods (Fourth release)

The Daggerfall demos have faction information for gods that didn't make it or barely made it in the final game. Such as the Bandit God, Raen and others. The plan with this would be to turn the minor shrines to such gods into more interesting locations and add the faction info from the demos to the final game.

Quests! (Fifth release)

If all goes well, the final plan would be to make all templar orders and the minor gods as joinable factions with quests. For now, that is a pipe dream and not the focus.

Comments? Feedback? Let me know. ;)
Last edited by Cliffworms on Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Seferoth

Re: [WIP] Finding My Religion

Post by Seferoth »

Nice! Good luck with the project!

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Looks lovely 🌹
Would a temple skill requirement retool be too far out of the mix? I feel like most temples make absolutely no sense with their skills. I mean, why should wizards at Julianos be the only ones to receive magic weapons when they also have the mages guild?
Things like that.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

These kinds of mods are the ones I like the most, and you happen to be the person who focuses on them Cliff, very very happy to see it. Adding more depth and detail to the temples is a way to go, using unused models is marvelous. For me this is 10/10 even in this stage :)

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Thanks for the comments and feeback!
daggerdude wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 pm Looks lovely 🌹
Would a temple skill requirement retool be too far out of the mix? I feel like most temples make absolutely no sense with their skills. I mean, why should wizards at Julianos be the only ones to receive magic weapons when they also have the mages guild?
Things like that.
It's not planned to change the skills or services offered by those factions. It is indeed strange that Zenithar favors Pickpocket, but then again he's a god of Commerce. :lol:

There may be some roleplaying involved here. For instance, a priest may not want to join the Mages Guild because their views on life differs. Much like Julianos is an outspoken rival of the Mages Guild. Maybe because they both don't have the same vision of magicka and knowledge?

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

well, right, and later temples/religion is scrapped, which is a terrible shame. you can just sample shrines like a honeybee and collect your blessing and go.
I don't think it should work that way.

Anyway, thanks for this, temples really are dull and generic right now and this is a step in the right direction.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello!

This is simply to let you know that progress is going well. The House of Dibella is complete and I'm now working on the School of Julianos, which boasts an impressive collection of books and tomes.

I've also added Finding My Religion to my GitHub page. If you want to take a look at what's been done so far, you can download the files on GitHub and extract the "WorldData" folder to your "StreamingAssets" folder.

Download preview on GitHub

ImageImage

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

One of many things I love about DFU is that almost every day something new comes up, making the (already awesome) game even better. This mod looks really great! Good luck with your planned releases, I'm gonna download this one as soon as it hits Nexus.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

Just checked out Arkay's temple, and it looks incredible! Gave me sort of Morrowind vibe with big, intricate temples with lots of rooms each having their own purpose, the place almost tells its own tale. The only problem I've found is that some objects like shelves clip through the walls/floors with [Handpainted model replacements] mod installed.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Thank you for the feedback! :)

Since I'm furnishing the rooms using Daggerfall's default models to keep the same style as vanilla, it may indeed cause issues when using Handpainted Models since they're not the same shape and size as the originals.

Designing the rooms with Handpainted Models in mind would mean that they'd look off when not using it, so I prefer to keep it vanilla. ;)