[MOD] Torch Taker

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Torch Taker

Post by Ralzar »

Getting close to a major feature update of this mod.
New features:

* When entering dungeons, most lights will be off. Exception will either be if it is a humanoid dungeon or if there are humanoids near the light source. This will likely have a mod option to turn it on/off.

* Doused light sources can be re-lit. Not decided on function here. I am thinking either paying with 1 oil or 1 torch.

* Burning torches can be picked. Not decided if you pick the whole torch off the wall or just change it to an unlit torch.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

awesome progress

I think itll add alot

I assume the torch will stay lit when reentering a dungeon only if you have persistent dungeons on?

Also i think orcs would light torches too

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

uhm... if there is option to have the mod as it was before, Im in :D

What I want from a mod "torch taker" is, to be able to pick a torch from a wall, and that that torch disappears from the wall and appears in my inv, where I can use it. If that stays, all good.
"Burning torches can be picked. Not decided if you pick the whole torch off the wall or just change it to an unlit torch."
this is confusing, because if you pick a torch from a wall, it naturally is not on that wall anymore. And thats how the mod functions now, will there be changes to that? Why? :D
* Doused light sources can be re-lit. Not decided on function here. I am thinking either paying with 1 oil or 1 torch.
Ok so I have a working torch, douse it. And to relight it, I will use another working torch? What will happen with that torch?

It quite confusing to me, but I believe you have it thought out

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Basically just this :D
dousedTorch.png
dousedTorch.png (79.86 KiB) Viewed 931 times
litTorch.png
litTorch.png (96.95 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Then if you want, you can take the torch back and it turns back into a burned out torch. Instead of having the entire torch with its wall-mounted metal holder be "picked up" when you take the torch itself.

Then in addition there will be a mod setting you can turn on that makes torches in monster dungeons start out burned out while human/orc etc dungeons start with the torches lit.
So if you go exploring in an abandoned dungeon where no one but animals have lived for years it will not be filled with light unless you bring a bunch of torches and light it up yourself :D

Hopefully I will also manage to add code where if the mod sees human/orc enemies near the torch in a monster dungeon, it will light it. So if you're exploring a dark dungeon and suddenly see light from a room: there is probably someone living there.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn this will be interesting, thanks for explanation.
I wonder if it will be compatible with 3d Handpainted objects by Alexander Sig, as that might miss the necessary unlit torch model. Anyway, looking forward :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have actually already done bare-bones code to make HPM work. The mod will turn off the flame particle effects and the light.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The upgrade became so big I decided to simply make it as a new mod: Darker Dungeons. So I will simply leave Torch Taker in its original form for those who want to use that instead.

Darker Dungeons is now out on nexus for anyone who wants to try upgrading to that.