How to change text entry in localization table for DFU PR

Discuss coding questions, pull requests, and implementation details.
Asesino

How to change text entry in localization table for DFU PR

Post by Asesino »

Hi all,
In reference to the question of adding Pawn Shops to the Regional topic, I know the code changes needed in TalkManager, and can create a PR for that. However, I also need to add a new row into entry BuildingNames of the Localization Table; I need to add Pawn Shop after Gem Store. This works fine in the editor but isn't running in a compiled version of the code, because I expect, that I need to compile the assembly. How can I safely do that so I don't mess things up in the PR?

Thanks in advance for your help.

a

Interkarma

Re: How to change text entry in localization table for DFU PR

Post by Interkarma »

For the most part, you won't need to worry about building executable. Just need to submit required change to text table with PR. Once accepted and merged, the new text will become part of builds when I run them.

If you do want to include in test builds on your end, you might need to build addressables first. In Unity open menu Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Group. Then click Build > New Build > Default Build Script. After that, the addressable changes should be included whenever using Ctrl+Shift+B to build for your platform.

Edit: Oh, and you don't need to include the built addressable file in PR. You can roll it back or exclude it. I rebuild the addressable anytime a new build is coming up.

Asesino

Re: How to change text entry in localization table for DFU PR

Post by Asesino »

Interkarma wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:34 pm For the most part, you won't need to worry about building executable. Just need to submit required change to text table with PR. Once accepted and merged, the new text will become part of builds when I run them.

If you do want to include in test builds on your end, you might need to build addressables first. In Unity open menu Window > Asset Management > Addressables > Group. Then click Build > New Build > Default Build Script. After that, the addressable changes should be included whenever using Ctrl+Shift+B to build for your platform.

Edit: Oh, and you don't need to include the built addressable file in PR. You can roll it back or exclude it. I rebuild the addressable anytime a new build is coming up.
Excellent! Thank you very much Interkarma!! I will put together a PR shortly.

Thanks
a