LGNPC Iliac Bay pitch?

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
apprihensivsoul

LGNPC Iliac Bay pitch?

Post by apprihensivsoul »

I have no modding experience on this engine, and zero knowledge of it's plausibility, but I'm curious if it's possible to build something that works a little like the famous LGNPC mod for morrowind.

Two main thoughts I'd love to see.
First, topic restriction. By default, you can only ask about topics it's reasonable to ask. For instance, you can't ask about location types you haven't visited. (Haven't been to a Temple of Arkay? Can't ask in a different town.) Obviously, unless it's unlocked by a quest. Additionally, if dialogue has confirmed a place doesn't exist in town, it gets removed from your list even if you have visited? Sorry if this is hard to follow, I'm kind of stream of thoguhting this.
Plausibly, you could add an "other" option to expand the list to everything the player knows.

Second related idea:
Wider range of NPC responses based on race, faction, religion, political alignment, class, and especially disposition, so different cultures or vocations might blow you off in different ways if you are draw their ire, and there's more discrimination between groups based on role.

This isn't a mod request, I should clarify, more a request for clarification as to what this kind of mod would actually take from those who know it. I simply know nothing of the systems in place.

Ostar

Re: LGNPC Iliac Bay pitch?

Post by Ostar »

As one of the creators of LGNPC mods for Morrowind I too am interested in this answer....