OpenMW - Morrowind engine

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
haloterm

Re: OpenMW - Morrowind engine

Post by haloterm »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:04 pm But I have no idea what they actually want from me. The description is so bad.

Have u installed mod this way, where they are not placed in the game but elswhere in their own folders?
To be honest, I simply do it in the old way. I have one data folder with all the mods and one mod list.

The OpenMW method is probably more powerful and allows for more control, or for having various mod setups at the same time, but I have also not understood the description :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:D ok at least Im not alone in that, thanks for everything

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I originally got into DFU through OpenMW. I started looking around to see if there was an open-source project for Daggerfall. Here I am
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

A lot of useful info in this thread, thanks guys. Still waiting for them to add LUA support to the mix, which is coming next version it seems. Modders will have to update existing LUA mods to be compatible with OpenMW, but I have a feeling that it will be glorious :lol:
Not to mention there's even a multiplayer mod! My friend is averse to older graphics and couldn't get into Morrowind after playing Skyrim for thousands of hours (which is weird because he played classic Fallout games just fine), but I think I can finally enlighten him with this!

jotoho

Post by jotoho »

A merge request got merged into the master branch of OpenMW today that should hopefully make modding OpenMW the 'ideal' way easier in future versions. (The MR is quite old and was stuck in purgatory for a long while, so it's exciting that it was merged to master. Link: https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/merge_requests/192)

I have been modding OpenMW with separate directories for each mod manually for a long time now and it has made modding the game almost trivial even without any mod manager or special tool besides the launcher (as long as you apply due diligence when configuring the ini).

If any of you would like me to, I can attempt to explain how I use separate data directories for modding OpenMW here.

knightmare_x3

Post by knightmare_x3 »

Wow! Looks great. Might start playing Morrowind again. It's kinda fun to get lost in.