Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Werewolf

Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Post by Werewolf »

I think just someone making an article or a forum post about the lost live-action Daggerfall short film on the Lost Media Wiki could both bring more attention to Daggerfall and maybe help uncover more info about the short film https://lostmediawiki.com/Home

Seeing how the lost media community has found stuff older then Daggerfall, I think it’s possible that if someone brings awareness of the “lost” Daggerfall live action short film to the Lost Media Wiki maybe with their admirable search-fu they could find it. It seems that even Daggerfall fans often don’t even know that that film was a thing. Letting the general Elder Scrolls community know about it as well would also help. I think it’s very possible that that film is still out there somewhere!

gunsling3r

Re: Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Post by gunsling3r »

Could you explain more. Are we looking for a lost video or something, any name for the file, content of the file, last website or blog this file was on? It is present in any demo cds or preview cds?

https://archive.org/details/IE_Interact ... ROM_CD_MAG

I wanted to explore each and everyone of these cds to look for rare daggerfall videos, I know for sure they have podcast about daggerfall demos not sure about video. Someone else here on forum wanted to find lost preview videos of daggerfall nowhere to be found on internet. Although we do have a broken link, just the content hosted on that site is lost.

Werewolf

Re: Someone should bring up the lost Daggerfall short film to the Lost Media Wiki

Post by Werewolf »

Julian mentions it in the Reddit AMA.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Info on the short film: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:CES_Cinematic

I bet if Lost Media Wiki becomes aware of it they could find it. The Lost Media Wiki’s forums community is super dedicated and has found things way older then the Daggerfall short film

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Is there a reason why you can't go to the forum and create a thread there yourself? Do you need special privileges to post on the forum?

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

XJDHDR wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:18 am Is there a reason why you can't go to the forum and create a thread there yourself? Do you need special privileges to post on the forum?
I’m still somewhat new to Daggerfall and I think others would be able to explain the short film better.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

I do wonder if that film will ever be found. Would be a big win for both Daggerfall and general Elder Scrolls fans if it’d surface

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Julian said:

Hell, we even made a short live action movie with chroma-keyed backgrounds

From

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/General:Julian_Jensen_AMA

Would be fascinating if this were to be found! An Elder Scrolls Movie!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you're bumping the same topic 3 times to talk about the same video, you don't need to do that ;) This isn't a fast-moving place, and it won't really garner any more attention to do so.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Considering how Bethesda managed to lose Daggerfall's source code, it seems very likely that the rest of the development materials, the unused FMV intro sequence included, was similarly lost as well.