0.13.5 - Paper doll darkens after confirming trade window popup using shortcut key [RESOLVED 0.14]

Vaximillian

0.13.5 - Paper doll darkens after confirming trade window popup using shortcut key [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Vaximillian »

When I hit Y to confirm a trade transaction, a dark filter is applied over the paperdoll:

The filter goes away when I click on an any item or exit the trade screen.

I’m playing DFU 0.13.5 and I disabled all mods to take these screenshots, and the issue persists on a pristine fresh install.

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 - Dark filter applied over paperdoll

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for raising issue. I have confirmed in unmodded 0.13.5 when using the shortcut key to confirm sale. Can't reproduce using the dialog button to confirm.

I'll move to issues and investigate. Cheers!

Edit: Can also confirm this happens in other trade-based windows, such as repair and identify.

Edit2: Noting the bug also occurs just by pressing C to clear items even if no items are moved from trade inventory to player. Pressing the Clear button with mouse also resets bug. It only happens when using hotkeys.

Edit3: Looks related to improper gamma correction after gamma>linear change. Cannot reproduce issue prior to this change. At this time still unsure of pathway why keyboard shortcut causing issue and clicking button does not.

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 - Paper doll darkens after confirming trade window popup using shortcut key [RESOLVED 0.14]

Post by Interkarma »

I've determined this problem is related to how colour conversion is being applied between paper doll render texture and presentation texture.

I've pushed a change to fix this one by setting a consistent colour space for both textures. Then conversion is only applied once when presentation texture is displayed. This resolved issue for all test cases I was able to find.

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 5691b4842a