The Force Engine - Modern "Jedi Engine" replacement supporting Dark Forces, Outlaws and the mods

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Falci

The Force Engine - Modern "Jedi Engine" replacement supporting Dark Forces, Outlaws and the mods

Post by Falci »

Maybe ressurrecting an old thread isn't the best way to go, but I just wanted to let everyone know that LuciusDXL's The Force Engine just reached version 0.9 and is comming along very nicelly.

Hopefully, we'll soon be able to have a complete modern DFUnity-like version of Dark Forces to play. :)

https://theforceengine.github.io/blog.html

Interkarma

Re: The Force Engine - Modern "Jedi Engine" replacement supporting Dark Forces, Outlaws and the mods

Post by Interkarma »

Congrats to Lucius for making so much progress! :D Looking forward to giving this a play someday. Dark Forces was easily my favourite shooter of that era.

I'm more than happy for The Force Engine to have its own topic for discussion. I'll split this one so that it's not just a footnote at the end of an older, less positive topic.

luciusDXL

Re: The Force Engine - Modern "Jedi Engine" replacement supporting Dark Forces, Outlaws and the mods

Post by luciusDXL »

I just found this again by accident, but thanks for mentioning the new version Falci. :) It has been a long time coming, but the project is getting closer to the 1.0 release.

Falci

Post by Falci »

It's a pleasure to do so. You're doing great work, and I'm impressed that you already managed to push another 3 bug fix releases after the initial 0.9 release. :o

I'm super excited for the upcoming version 1.0! :D