[Mod] Classic Exploits

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Classic Exploits

Post by Magicono43 »

Classic Exploits

Adds Back Various Exploits From Classic Daggerfall That Were Fixed In Unity.

Download

WHAT THIS MOD DOES AND WHY:
Essentially the main reason I decided to make this mod, was because I got tired of hearing people complain that DFU is worse because it did not recreate the various bugs and exploits that were present in the original DOS version of the game. So this is my attempt to quell some of that frustration (of which I don't personally agree with) by adding in some of those exploits back where I thought fairly easily possible through formula overrides and such.

So basically with this mod, you can now be a high-elf and take "Critical Weakness To Paralysis" in the character creator, get the free dagger-points and still be immune to paralysis. Or take "Immunity To Poison" and be immune to the paralyzing attacks of the spider and scorpions in the game. Or even better, take "Immunity To Magic" and become immune to Poison, Disease, and Paralysis effects as well, just like in Classic! And you can take those as critical weaknesses with no downside, just like in Classic Daggerfall! Cheaters around the Bay rejoice!

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, I'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

Possible Future Feature Ideas & Concepts To Be Added:
- WIP

Special Thanks:

Interkarma

Jefetienne

Hazelnut

Kab the Bird Ranger

Jehuty

ACNAero

Ralzar

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Classic Exploits

Post by Magicono43 »

Main-Thumb1.png
Main-Thumb1.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 3036 times
2022_05_24_19_53_49.jpg
2022_05_24_19_53_49.jpg (143.23 KiB) Viewed 3036 times
2022_05_24_19_42_51.jpg
2022_05_24_19_42_51.jpg (128.82 KiB) Viewed 3036 times

wubbahducky

Post by wubbahducky »

is this mod compatible with races redone?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

wubbahducky wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:55 pm is this mod compatible with races redone?
Since this mod basically just overrides the magic resistance formula, I'd imagine it would be compatible yes.