[Mod] Temples Cure Poison

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

[Mod] Temples Cure Poison

Post by Magicono43 »

Temples Cure Poison

The Temple 'Cure Disease' Service Now Also Cures Poisoning.

Download

WHAT THIS MOD DOES AND WHY:
I decided to make this mod after realizing that there is almost no way for characters in certain situations to cure poisoning. The reason being there is no guild service that cures poison directly, you can only cure it through use of potions (which are normally locked behind guild services that not everyone will be a member of) or through magic, which as stated about the potions, the same restrictions apply. So many warrior characters will have no way to cure poison at all basically, which really sucks and is unintuitive if you ask me.

So what this mod does is simple. It gives the service that is usable by literally anyone, mage, non-mage, member, and non-member, that being the "Cure Disease" service that every temple in the bay provides as a service the ability to cure not just disease, but also poisoning as well. It works the same as with diseases, where the more different "instances" of diseases or poisonings you are currently afflicted with, the more you consecutively get charged for this curing service.

Just a note though, I did not feel like doing a cumbersome override of the entire guild-service window just so I could change some text on the pop-up window, so the service button in question still says "Cure Diseases" instead of "Cure Diseases & Poisons." I might change this in the future when more possible without an unnecessary mess of code, so for right now the text is what it is, but the service still works as intended even with that inconsistency with the text. In the words of Todd Howard, "It just works."

Now go knowing that poison no longer spells definite death or permanent disability for your warrior characters, you can now rest easy knowing the temples have you covered! (If you have enough coin of course. If not, just wait for a holiday for their charitable side to shine through.)

Feel free to leave any suggestions and such, I'm very open to anything, and hopefully you find this addition enjoyable or enhances your Daggerfall Unity experience in some way.

Github Source Code: Github

Possible Future Feature Ideas & Concepts To Be Added:
- Change text to more accurately reflect the fact poisons are also cured and referenced, etc.

Special Thanks:

Interkarma

Hazelnut

Flynsarmy

Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Temples Cure Poison

Post by Magicono43 »

Main-Thumb1.png
Main-Thumb1.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 890 times
2022_05_25_18_22_14.jpg
2022_05_25_18_22_14.jpg (256.64 KiB) Viewed 890 times