[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
NefariousTortoise

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Thank you. I cannot play Daggerfall without your mod. It is revolutionary,

deblue7

Post by deblue7 »

I'm really confused how to get this to work. I couldn't find any guides or anything but the readme about placing textures and mod as regular, so I placed the folders as:
\Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\(folders)

LMB does this 0.0001 second attack animation along with I think a duplicated attack sounds. Only by pressing both LMB and RMB together does an attack go off. Dual wield isn't working for me, there's only one weapon present at any time.

1. Do I need all the other mods from the github zip file?
2. Do I need to make some setups in the settings portion of the mod before launching game?
3. I have the offhand as Mouse1, as was default, is this not correct?

I've tried:
* Disabling all other mods but quest packs
* Starting new game

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I can't guarantee any real stability on this right now.

However, you should be able to extract the contents into the streaming assets folder, and it should run.

However, again, it is loaded with bugs and a memory leak issue. Coming back to this very soon. I'm wrapping up my minimap mod finally, just trying to get the last playtest bugs people are reporting hammered out.

It probably doesn't work with the newer versions because of the changes to base scripts I haven't checked and updated within my mods code.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

deblue7

Post by deblue7 »

I see, I'll be looking out for updates then, thanks!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

IIIIII'M BAAAAAACK !

Come on man you gotta fix this, not compatible with current build: Do Your' Magic

Yes I know patience....
My Birth day is May 20th come on hurry up :D

Okay fine !
I will not make any stupid videos, I promise !

Okay maybe just a couple....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I'm coming back to it this week.

Minimap mod is stable and bug free enough, it shouldn't need a ton more time at this point.

I'll try to hammer out all the breaking bugs by the end of the week. I don't think it should be to hard to update to newest version and do some basic optimization to clean up the memory leak from texture overloading.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

For those asking about this mod, I began updating it this week.

I new release addressing some real basic large bugs will be out next week. This will fix the endless texture load loop that was causing memory leaks and crashes. It will also fix some real basic wasteful loops; Now most things will only update once, when the weapon changes, and then stop the updates to free up more cycles.

It still includes a patch for both dream and physical combat and armor overhaul. However the physical combat patch is using an older version of his mods script, so it will not have any brand new features from that mod yet.

Have a great weekend.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

l3lessed wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 pm For those asking about this mod, I began updating it this week.

I new release addressing some real basic large bugs will be out next week. This will fix the endless texture load loop that was causing memory leaks and crashes. It will also fix some real basic wasteful loops; Now most things will only update once, when the weapon changes, and then stop the updates to free up more cycles.

It still includes a patch for both dream and physical combat and armor overhaul. However the physical combat patch is using an older version of his mods script, so it will not have any brand new features from that mod yet.

Have a great weekend.
Sweet THANK YOU
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, I finished the bug fixes and added one more setting to the mod for users. You can now use it on 13.5 without fear of endless memory leakage and crashes.
  • Fixed texture loading memory leak. textures load at launch of mod once and are reused from there on removing the endless texture memory leak bug.
  • Updated how hand equip states are checked, including adding one time triggers. Now hand equip states and related update code and properties only runs once on weapon change versus continually every frame before.
  • Added a bob speed setting under the settings menu so users can decide how fast they think the hands should be bobbed. I tried to create as realistic/natural mimic speed as possible, but feel free to change it.
I feel this is getting close to an official release. Some more playtesting, a little more tweaking of animation smoothing and ray arc casting for better alignment, add in a pushback to the melee kick attack, and optimize whatever I can, and I think it is nexus and release version ready.

Kab the Bird Ranger

Post by Kab the Bird Ranger »

Hey Blessed,

Vanilla Enhanced has been getting reports that Ambidexterity breaks enemies with VE - Villains & Monsters enabled.

I believe the cause of such issues might be code like the following:
https://github.com/l3lessed/l3lessed-DF ... er.cs#L184

Your code searches explicitly for the DFU component `DaggerfallMobileUnit` instead of the more generic interface `MobileUnit`. VE replaces the mobile unit script with a new one, and implements the `MobileUnit` interface, so it should work with little problems if you just update your code.

Hazel's been having similar problems with Roleplay&Realism before he added this interface a few versions ago, it's normal if you missed it.