0.13.5 - I seem to be unable to start the Totem quest

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
ripjammer

0.13.5 - I seem to be unable to start the Totem quest

Post by ripjammer »

First time poster! First time Daggerfall player! I haven't been consulting a guide unless I get stuck. Like I am now!

Trying to get going on the Totem, Totem, Who Gets the Totem? quest, but I am not receiving a letter from Lady Brisienna to begin the quest. According to the main quest diagram on the wiki, I've done Lysandus' Revenge, Soul of a Lich and Orcish Emancipation.

Except... did I technically fail Lysandus' Revenge? I did not happen to find Lord Woodborne. I instead found his journal page. I chose to give it to the King of Worms. From the wiki:
In addition, giving the diary to Akorithi, Aubk-i, Gothryd, Gortwog or the King of Worms will NOT trigger the video sequence, as they are unwilling (or unable) to exact vengeance on Lord Woodborne. Therefore, to complete the quest you have to give it to one of these people: Barenziah, Eadwyre, Helseth, Medora, Mynisera, or Nulfaga.
So did I technically fail the quest? The quest is listed among the finished quests in my journal, but Lysandus is still haunting Daggerfall at night. I took a long 90 day trip to see if it was a "wait 30 day" thing but I still have not received any letter. I went back thinking maybe I could kill Lord Woodborne still but he was not there.

I've attached my save file. Is there anything I can do?
Attachments
SAVE2.zip
(327.13 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Interkarma

Re: 0.13.5 - I seem to be unable to start the Totem quest

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

Yeah, unfortunately failed. There are two ways to end Sx015. If you give diary to Akorithi, Aubk-i, Gothryd, Gortwog, King of Worms then ending S.09 is triggered. This just ends quest without starting next in sequence.

Code: Select all

_S.09_ task:
	when _S.05_ or _S.07_ or _S.06_ 
	end quest 
The other ending starts Sx008 (Who Gets the Totem) before ending quest.

_S.13_ task:
	when _S.08_ and _S.10_ and _S.12_ 
	start quest 8 8 
	end quest 
To recover, you can manually start Who Gets the Totem using console (press tilde/backquote key) and entering following command. Things should follow on from there.

startquest s0000008
Good luck!

ripjammer

Re: 0.13.5 - I seem to be unable to start the Totem quest

Post by ripjammer »

Thanks! That did the trick!