DFTFU Developer Preview 1.3.21

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Biboran

Re: DFTFU Developer Preview 1.3.21

Post by Biboran »

Thanks for the explanation, Interkarma

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

First of all, great work!
Today I started porting and updating all of my mods to the new version. The plan is to make them all "stand alone" (meaning that they will no require any changes to the core DFTFU codebase) and also adding small improvements where I can.
I started with "Real Grass", and changed it to use the newly added event "OnPromoteTerrainData" . Works great, but with one small problem, I can't access the tilemap texture, which is required for the script to work.
But I have a suggestion. Could change the variable "Color32[] tilmeap" in DaggerFallTerrain.cs to public? That would solve my problem. Unless you have a better or preferred solution?

I'm also curios, why have you moved the scenes StreamingWorld and WorkshopDemos_StreamingWorld to a folder called Legacy? Are you planing to remove them in the future or are they not properly updated yet?

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

I just noticed that the OnPromoteTerrainData only fires once per terrainData creation, meaning that once you change location, it doesn't trigger again for that terrain(since terraindata is re-used).
Shouldn't OnPromoteTerrainData happen every time on PromoteTerrainData?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Great feedback, thanks Uncanny_Valley. :)

I have made TileMap field public and fixed problem of OnPromoteTerrainData only firing once. These changes will be in 1.3.26, which should be up in a few hours.
Uncanny_Valley wrote:I'm also curios, why have you moved the scenes StreamingWorld and WorkshopDemos_StreamingWorld to a folder called Legacy? Are you planing to remove them in the future or are they not properly updated yet?
Those scenes rely on light pre-pass (Legacy Deferred) and the old methods of scene fog, which aren't near as efficient as the new Deferred path. The old method of scene fog doesn't also work with Deferred path, only Legacy Deferred, so they are retired. I'm going to update these scenes at some point with equivalents and remove the Legacy scenes. They otherwise work perfectly OK, just with Legacy Deferred (and more batches as a result).

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Today I started porting and updating all of my mods to the new version. The plan is to make them all "stand alone" (meaning that they will no require any changes to the core DFTFU codebase) and also adding small improvements where I can.
Awesome! How is your road project coming along? I'm dying to see more of it :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Updated developer preview to 1.3.26. Keep those bug reports coming!

http://www.dfworkshop.net/?p=1924

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Got a problem with the new preview in unity. When i import the package it gives me this error: http://i.imgur.com/onBW3Ni.png . I tried the new tutorial to see if i had to do something first, but its still there. This is the part of the script: http://i.imgur.com/c609XAH.png .

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Updating to Unity 5.1 will fix this (the syntax of setting window titles changed between 5.0 and 5.1). I had intended to put in a conditional build statement for this but completely forgot. I'll fix this up later today so it truly runs on Unity 5.x as intended. Thanks. :)

Daschluba

Post by Daschluba »

Thanks for the help. The error is gone now, but unfortunately when i try to run it now i only get a black screen. I waited 30 minutes but nothing happened and also no errors in the console.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Daschluba wrote:Thanks for the help. The error is gone now, but unfortunately when i try to run it now i only get a black screen. I waited 30 minutes but nothing happened and also no errors in the console.
Is there anything in the scene?

If you haven't already done so, go to File > Open scene and find one of the legacy scenes in the Assets > Daggerfall Unity > Scenes > Legacy Scenes folder (you'll probably want the streaming world one).