Daggerfall Unity 0.14.0 Preview Release

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity 0.14.0 Preview Release

Post by Interkarma »

Hey All!

DFU 0.14.0 is coming up this weekend. This is primarily a bug-fix release but there are loads of small fixes included, enough for me to tag this release a preview. This will be noted on git and elsewhere.

I don't think this release should break any mods already compatible with 0.13.5. There's certainly nothing included on the magnitude of going from 0.12 > 0.13 (that one was rough). But I want to be sure and give modders time to check out new builds before I consider a general release.

If you do encounter compatibility problems with your mod, please rebuild against the 0.14.0 source project once tagged. This often solves problems when small changes are involved. If you get stuck and things just aren't working out, please don't hesitate to post a reply here. Either myself or one of the other modders will do our best to assist.

I'm aiming to have a stable version of 0.14.x ready sometime in July. I'll also try to address any new problems found in 0.14 as soon as possible, so there might be a couple incremental previews between now and then.

Thanks everyone. :)

Antonius

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.14.0 Preview Release

Post by Antonius »

Can't wait. Should fit nicely with me finishing my MW OpenMW playthrough right now.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity 0.14.0 Preview Release

Post by Interkarma »

Release is now up and posted to News. I'll lock out this heads-up topic as it's no longer needed.