Killed bodies are invisible but cursor shows text

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Chainsawkiss

Killed bodies are invisible but cursor shows text

Post by Chainsawkiss »

I installed Daggerfall Unity to a Win 7 laptop. It was the version on GOG with some of my favorite mods added. The first thing that happened was all text writes were random misplaced ASCII number, letters, symbols, etc including in the controls setup window, when I exited out of the controls setup. Enemy animation would be about 1 of 4 frames, then when killed, bodies would disappear and only show as a text message after killing them. I exited and returned and all is good except after dying, enemies are invisible, but putting a cursor on their location gives a rectangle box outline with text "dead body."

Interkarma

Re: Killed bodies are invisible but cursor shows text

Post by Interkarma »

Hey there, welcome to the forums. I can't provide much support for GOG Cut, or any other heavily modded setup. If you'd like to try with Daggerfall Unity by itself, you shouldn't have this problem.

You can setup a fresh copy using the recommended DaggerfallGameFiles method. Don't forget to delete settings.ini (how to locate) to set everything back to defaults.

The base install of DFU is much leaner. You can still add back select mods later if you want to.

Chainsawkiss

Re: Killed bodies are invisible but cursor shows text

Post by Chainsawkiss »

Thanks. I will try changing out some mods and see if I can find the problem.