[Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

Post by Magicono43 »

Uploaded a "mod showcase" for this mod. Gives details on how it works in-practice, and some future plans for it.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

What about random starting location?

You could start in a tavern or farm or something.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:33 pm What about random starting location?

You could start in a tavern or farm or something.
I started the basic framework of a mod like that maybe 2 months back, but I have gotten distracted by making some other mods, so have not touched it in a while. https://github.com/magicono43/DFU-Mod_Start-Options

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.01 for DFU v0.13.5, Made it so enemies within a moderately close proximity to where the player is spawned/placed in a dungeon will be deleted/removed from the scene. This was to make it feel a bit more fair when starting a new game, and give you some time to breath.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.02 for DFU v0.13.5, Added new setting so that the new "Safe Zone" feature when spawning can have it's size customized. Also with this from some requests the default size setting has been reduced from 51 to 30, but you can set it to anything from 0-200 now if you wish.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Mod Update, v1.10:

Added new feature:
- You can now start a new game with a random starting date/time. Has multiple settings that allow for customization of which season you do or don't want to potentially start in.

Tested and confirmed to not effect the main-quest at the start, and also works with C&C (Thought at first the fatigue and mana bar act a bit weird, but it's fixed by resting.)

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

The idea of a random starting time is really nice, this mod makes Daggerfall more and more a roguelike.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Arneb wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am The idea of a random starting time is really nice, this mod makes Daggerfall more and more a roguelike.
Ha, that's funny now that I think of it, considering I have plans to released "cursed items" at some point, pretty similar to some rogue-likes actually :P

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Magicono43 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:29 pm
Arneb wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am The idea of a random starting time is really nice, this mod makes Daggerfall more and more a roguelike.
Ha, that's funny now that I think of it, considering I have plans to released "cursed items" at some point, pretty similar to some rogue-likes actually :P
I agree. Plus, as long as magic item frequency isn’t dramatically increased, I think Daggerfall would work well with a more various itemisation, maybe a bit “Diablo-like”. I’ll add it to my to-do list.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Love the mod but I'm surprised choosing by province instead of just dungeon type wasn't an option yet.