Unable To Edit Older Posts, 7/24/2022

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Magicono43

Unable To Edit Older Posts, 7/24/2022

Post by Magicono43 »

Hey, somebody just mentioned something that I only just noticed. Was there a time-limit added to posts that disallows them from being edited after some time or something? Maybe something added just recently to prevent people from vandalizing their threads or something.

One negative about that feature at least for some threads is one can't proactively edit their original anchor post with updated information and such, just wanted to know if this is a new setting or something, thanks.

Ninelan

Re: Unable To Edit Older Posts, 7/24/2022

Post by Ninelan »

Yesterday I was a tad confused bout that when I wanted to update my projects and couldn't.
At first I thought I was just misremembering where the edit button was. :? But nah. I just can't edit them anymore.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I added a 30-day edit limit, as we've had a few people now destroy their old posts, including bug reports. This unfortunately is a global setting, not a per-forum setting.

I'll see if there's a better way to handle this, and just remove the limit if there's no other way.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:37 pm I added a 30-day edit limit, as we've had a few people now destroy their old posts, including bug reports. This unfortunately is a global setting, not a per-forum setting.

I'll see if there's a better way to handle this, and just remove the limit if there's no other way.
Yeah that's what I figured you were trying that out for after seeing those destroyed posts from that one user. But it is restrictive for those that want to edit their existing posts for updates and such :P

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've just disabled the timer for now. Unfortunately it's not granular at all and has no controls other than setting a global time limit on editing.

This is definitely restrictive for mod topics where the first post is updated frequently.

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

That makes sense. I've been on a few forums before that really try not have threads deleted.
If it was a forum by forum case having an archive for those valuable threads would be proven a useful middle ground. But it seems not.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness