[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
AlexanderSig

Re: Handpainted model replacement project

Post by AlexanderSig »

Nystul wrote:I think it is indeed a lectern/writing console
I think you're right. It's like a lectern that you would pick up and put up on a table like this:

This other model is definitely a tall lectern and it has the exact same shape for the top piece.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-11615.html
Someone was talking about redoing the chairs with solid wood sides, backs etc. I have found a good number of medieval chairs that are very similar. This chair is a model of a similar style that BTW is free for commercial use etc.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Barrel taps

Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Pipe organ

Wood texture by VMBlast.

Project is really far along now, model count is at 138. Will release playable version soon.

CM August

Post by CM August »

That pipe organ is a thing of beauty. Love it!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice models! Organ looks awesome, great model and great textures.

I noticed that the table is a bit taller than in original while the chairs are a bit smaller than in original. This makes the proportions of these two models a bit off IMO (the chairs are too small compared to the table now - or vice versa).

Maybe its caused by the chair legs being a bit of burried in the ground? Those legs appear deffinitely too short, not sure if its the model design or if it is caused by model sinking into the ground?

Its a minor thing, but what has been seen cannot be unseen... :)

Thanks for your efforts, much appretiated!!

EDIT: open those maximized screens in two separate tabs and click on 1st, than 2nd and back and you will see.

Btw, if we replaced the NPCs models with already re-made hi res flats by jmanowar & epicurius7, than the ceiling lamp would be only thing from original Daggerfall art :ugeek:

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Thanks guys!
King of Worms wrote:Very nice models! Organ looks awesome, great model and great textures.

I noticed that the table is a bit taller than in original while the chairs are a bit smaller than in original. This makes the proportions of these two models a bit off IMO (the chairs are too small compared to the table now - or vice versa).
Thanks, I see it! Those were some of the first models I imported to unity so I must have messed the scaling or object origin up a little. Will fix this during my 2nd pass of the models.
-------------------------------------
New stuff

Animated water fountain: https://gfycat.com/secondhandcomposedkoala

Can't quite get the sound fx to work properly for the fountain so I've cut that out for now. The sound could be heard from a seemingly infinite distance even though I set a falloff radius... still pretty new to Unity

New playable release: v0.75

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote:-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LATEST PLAYABLE RELEASE DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3579 ... XN2WGxfY2c
v0.75 - 15. August 2017
141 models included

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current progress towards 1.0: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The goal of this project is to replace all models in Daggerfall (excluding architectural models) with efficient high quality models with handpainted textures. All of the original detail from older models/textures is preserved where possible usually with some creative license taken afterwards to make them look good.

Some of the older models are extremely low-poly with little or no distinctive texture work so it's very hard to make them both look good and true to the original but I always try my best to preserve as much of the model as I can for example: http://i.imgur.com/43MGqiq.png

Man, that's amazing...is this link still the latest stuff ?
I want !
I'll play test the crap out of this stuff, prommise
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I do love this:

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

1) Open the folder that matches your OS
2) Copy "handpainted model replacements.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods
3) Make sure the mod is enabled ingame and "Support for Graphical Mods" is enabled.

That's all I have to do ?!
Easypeasy !
Check out my YouTube Channel!