[Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
StarMadeKnight

Re: [Help needed] Redguard NPC Flats Modder's Resource

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Ninelan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:55 pm Really lovely sprites, absolutely need more always :D , however, I believe they might stand out too much as the palette they use is not the one which is used by the rest of Daggerfall's sprites. So you might want to run those through the right one again to make them look like they fit a bit more with the world that surrounds them.
Good call! All of the sprites have been palettized in SLADE now and should match the original Daggerfall color scheme :) There may be some glitches or oddities but I've done my best to smooth out the worst offenders!

Added a sprite for a Redguard noblewoman:

Updated file is in OP!

carademono

Re: [Modder's Resource] Redguard NPC Flats

Post by carademono »

Absolutely love this! Kab is working on getting custom portraits working in Vanilla Enhanced so that we can implement these (as well as other foreign races). I'm dying to get these into the game!

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

StarMadeKnight wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:08 am
Ninelan wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:55 pm Really lovely sprites, absolutely need more always :D , however, I believe they might stand out too much as the palette they use is not the one which is used by the rest of Daggerfall's sprites. So you might want to run those through the right one again to make them look like they fit a bit more with the world that surrounds them.
Good call! All of the sprites have been palettized in SLADE now and should match the original Daggerfall color scheme :) There may be some glitches or oddities but I've done my best to smooth out the worst offenders!

Updated file is in OP!
She's beautiful! They'll all come in handy I bet.

You can always fix some oddities with a bucket tool x) I assume the brown (why did I say green lol!) hue on the dress is supposed to be lighter red?
Last edited by Ninelan on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Ninelan wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:42 am
StarMadeKnight wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:08 am

Updated file is in OP!
She's beautiful! They'll all come in handy I bet.

You can always fix some oddities with a bucket tool x) I assume the green hue on the dress is supposed to be lighter red?
Oh, that's a shockingly easy solution haha. Let me experiment with that for the next version!

In the interim, another Redguard commoner (and a little easter egg in the outfit for any Cyrus fans out there :) ):

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

At some point I'll switch to posting updates in batches, but in the interim, OP has been updated with another new friend :)

StarMadeKnight

Post by StarMadeKnight »

New additions:

ImageImageImage

Also starting the process of updating my older flats with the benefit of the knowledge I've picked up along the way. Before/after below:

Image -> Image

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

These are possibly the most authentic-looking sprites in respect to the vanilla artwork, superb!

StarMadeKnight

Re: [Modder's Resource] Diverse NPC Flats

Post by StarMadeKnight »

Updated OP with a number of flats that I initially made for another mod, updated title as well :)

Ninelan

Post by Ninelan »

I believe the shading could be a little bit improved to add more volume to the flats :) So far I can easily see where a small soft brush was used to add a shadow and where a highlight when it should be uniformly blended like a wave with a few very dark and very light areas as well as a dark gradient by the sides.

I can probably show what I mean with images if you so want. Do you perhaps have a discord account?
You can support me and in turn my art on my Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/fireflyness

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

I made a showcase mod for these flats because I wanted to see how they looked in-game (hecking great that is). You can find the flats by going to Daggerfall on the fast travel map and searching for StarMade, it's case sensitive so be warned :D Alternatively, there's a lake in the eastern part of Daggerfall, this location is west of that in an area with no other locations around.
Attachments
starmadeknight-npc-showcase-windows.zip
(307.44 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
starmadeknight-npc-showcase-osx.zip
(307.44 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
starmadeknight-npc-showcase-linux.zip
(307.44 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt