0.14.2 - Anchor not cleared properly when teleporting within interior [RESOLVED 0.14.4]

Reconsile

0.14.2 - Anchor not cleared properly when teleporting within interior [RESOLVED 0.14.4]

Post by Reconsile »

I am new to the game, it was to my assumption that for Mark/Recall you only needed to anchor once, then you can recall to the area as many times as you want. The DFU discord made me aware that that is not the case.

Currently when you anchor inside a building or dungeon (basically anywhere that is not in the overworld) you can cast recall and teleport to the anchor infinitely. No need to replace an anchor. There is no loading, no black screen, you just instantly warp to the spot. However if you anchor a spot in the overworld, even if you are only 2 steps away, casting Recall will cause a black screen (my assumption is reloading the area) and you will arrive with your anchor removed. Attempting to Recall again will alert you that no valid anchor exists.

In my opinion, for the sake of quality of life, I think keeping the ability to continue to recall without needing to replace the anchor is just the better option, just like how Morrowind allows you to keep an anchor without need to remake it every time.

I have attached a video show casing this. Please note while in the recording I am indeed using mods, I was able to replicate this with an unmodded character (all mods disabled) and found the issue persisting with the Teleport spell.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Od4UlO3Pss[/youtube]

Interkarma

Re: Mark & Recall potential bug?

Post by Interkarma »

The anchor should be consumed any time teleport is used to recall to that anchor. This is classic behaviour and is intended to work this way.

I'll look into why anchor is not cleared properly when teleporting within interiors and fix. Thanks for report.

pango

Re: 0.14.2 - Anchor not cleared properly when teleporting within interior

Post by pango »

That's a regression since commit 239ad207, I supposed you guessed that much, just a confirmation
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Re: 0.14.2 - Anchor not cleared properly when teleporting within interior

Post by pango »

"fast path" teleportation didn't reset the anchor, I created a PR.
Maybe not the prettiest, but it seems to work.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: 0.14.2 - Anchor not cleared properly when teleporting within interior [RESOLVED 0.14.4]

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for fix Pango. :)