Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Jay_H »

Hmm, that gives me an idea. I'll tie the timer to when you injure one of the enemies. That'll guarantee that spawning has begun, at least. Thanks for the feedback.

Bruiser419

Post by Bruiser419 »

Probably a dumb, naive question, but is the Early Artifact quest meant to be survivable?

I mean, 3 months and likely a low level character (maybe 3 at the best?) seems a pretty tall task, especially since if you're mainly a fighter your only chance is if you took the ebony blade, and even then I think the spells will kill you rather quickly.

I know the reward is quite significant so it should be hard, but just seems like it's a deathtrap.

On the other hand, the loot is pretty good as long as you avoid the lich ha ha.

Edit: Well, I did it ha ha. Just kept taking pot shots with lightning and fire and ran away. Eventually got him.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welp, you found the truth out :D Yes, it's meant to be a major challenge; TES2 doesn't have very many fixed challenges, so I hope users feel proud when they find a way to do this one.

TacticalTrickery

Post by TacticalTrickery »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:58 am Welp, you found the truth out :D ...
Hey Jay, you still runnin' these QPacks in such a way that you announce w/ the in-game text that it's Q-Pack-N, or whatev?

I seem to recall a while back that you ran a poll, I think on YT or Nexus, asking if people preferred the immersion breaking notice of where the Q. is coming from over the ambiguous, but immersion-keeping, no-info approach. People were somewhat split on the results... this was you, wasn't it?

If you're still running w/ basic text announcement in-game, I have a great idea (easily implemented) how I think you can indirectly notify the user where it comes from while not breaking immersion at all. It would be an easily-shared solution between all ppl making custom QPacks. Interested?? I wanna know b4 I bother typing it all out, it's a lil lengthy... TT
ENEMY SPELLBOOK @Nexus: Yellow-square spam, be gone!!
Ancient African proverb: To go fast, go alone. To go far, go together. ~ Humanity's greatest strength is in each other... don't waste it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Indeed, that was me. The most common solution people asked for was to have it as an option in-game, a toggle that you can choose where it'll display on screen or not. No one volunteered to do that :D I suppose a mod could also work for that purpose. But what would you propose?

BruceVC

Werewolf Hunt Quest input

Post by BruceVC »

Hi All

There is a good quest in Daggerfall city where you get told that at night a Werewolf is killing animals.I accepted the quest and made a potion with a way to make a person reveal his true werewolf identity
But Im not sure which NPC is the Werewolf and I was wondering if anyone has ever completed this quest and if you can give me tips, not spoilers, about who I should use potion on? Is the person in a Tavern or Inn?

I couldnt find any information on this quest so has anyone completed it?

Jay_H

Re: Werewolf Hunt Quest input

Post by Jay_H »

This is a quest that's part of Quest Pack 1, so I'll merge it into that topic :)

I haven't looked at the quest for a while, but I can say that the person you'll use the potion on is someone you've already met.

BruceVC

Post by BruceVC »

Thanks, I was wondering about that 8-)