[MOD] Finding My Religion

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Daedros

Re: [WIP] Finding My Religion

Post by Daedros »

Any plans to revamp the benefits offered by Temple membership? Some Temples offer very unique perks, while others offer none.
The Temple of Mara boosts your reaction roll when talking to members of the opposite sex (which should really be a Temple of Dibella perk). Temple of Stendarr gives you a chance to avoid death (which should be a Temple of Arkay perk). Temple of Akatosh reduces Fast Travel time (becomes obsolete if you have access to Mage's Guild Teleporter). Temple of Kynareth gives increased underwater breathing (which becomes obsolete with Water Breathing spell/effect). Arkay gives cheaper disease cures (which becomes obsolete with decent potions/spells). Dibella, Zenithar, and Julianos have no unique benefits tied to membership/rank.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

I don't have any plans yet as I do not know how to code that in, but would be great. I think the unique perks are fine, but the three other gods should indeed have theirs. I'd see Zenithar with having a bonus roll when talking with merchants and nobles, for example. I'll have to give it some thought.

Maybe when the mod will be at the minor gods phase? Since then I'll try to implement the unique perks of those minor gods from the Daggerfall preview demo.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

The Temple of Stendarr has been completed and I've begun working on the Temple of Kynareth. Once this temple will be done, the first release will be ready!

Below, a screenshot from Stendarr's crypt and two pictures of the Temple of Kynareth, which features an indoor garden.

Cliffworms

Re: [MOD] Finding My Religion

Post by Cliffworms »

It's wrap for Detailed Temples, the first release of Finding My Religion!

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/344

Also watch the trailer here to see it in action :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtE0p_Wwst8

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Amazing stuff man, I can't wait to use it when I finally give myself a chance to "play" instead of just "mod." :P

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

I really love this mod and I use it all the time now!

I've found an incompatibility with DREAM Transparent Windows, and that's at the temple of Mara in Anticlere. I can enter the first room of the temple, but when I try to go to the main room, there's a part of the wall mesh sticking out half blocking the doorway so I can't enter. Instead my character is pushed toward the guy taking donations and then closed in with him because a wall appears to block my way out.

Great mod though and that's the only temple I have trouble with, so keep it up, Cliffworms!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Antiscamp wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:55 am I really love this mod and I use it all the time now!

I've found an incompatibility with DREAM Transparent Windows, and that's at the temple of Mara in Anticlere. I can enter the first room of the temple, but when I try to go to the main room, there's a part of the wall mesh sticking out half blocking the doorway so I can't enter. Instead my character is pushed toward the guy taking donations and then closed in with him because a wall appears to block my way out.

Great mod though and that's the only temple I have trouble with, so keep it up, Cliffworms!
Hello Antiscamp!

I took a look with only Finding My Religion loaded and, strangely, Anticlere's temple does not use the new layout. It's strange because it uses the same block as all the other temples of Mara. I'll need to investigate further. I may need to do something special for Anticlere's temple so it can load.

Since FMR's layout does not load, the default interior building is not placed exactly where the exterior is, so this is why you see the exterior temple somewhat inside the interior when using Transparent Windows.

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Nice! My chracter is named Karen of Anticlere and I wanted her to join the temple in Anticlere, and of course I have to choose the town with the one glitchy temple out of a thousand rofl :D

Thanks for your excellent mod man!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Antiscamp wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:31 pm Nice! My chracter is named Karen of Anticlere and I wanted her to join the temple in Anticlere, and of course I have to choose the town with the one glitchy temple out of a thousand rofl :D

Thanks for your excellent mod man!
Thanks, Antiscamp! I'M happy you're enjoying it!
It just so happens I've updated the mod, so now Anticlere's temple will work fine. Enjoy!

Here's the full changelog for the update :

- Added the ability to rest at temples for guild members.
- Added Lord Coulder to Hebu's Temple of Kynareth (Lainlyn Region).
- Added Lord Quistley to Anticlere's Benevolence of Mara.
- Added statue descriptions when the player interacts with them.
- Fixed Anticlere's Benevolence of Mara not loading.

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

I found another weird one. It's the temple in Sentinel where I can't enter. It's called something like the knights of something but it has a temple sign outside so I think it's a temple for sure and besides there's another knightly order in Snetinel. You might wanna check it out though.